OUF - The Fornax Incident OOC

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

OUF - The Fornax Incident OOC

Post  Carlen Darko on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:23 am

So, we begin

First and foremost, thank you to all who were intrigued by this RP. I hope to make it an enjoyable ride for all of us. Now, before we begin, there are some things that I require from each of you:

I. You MUST PM me by 01/09/2010 that you are going to take this seriously. I do not want to waste my time and energy on this RP for players who don't participate.

II. You MUST have a character sheet located in our Roleplay Characters section. If you do not have one, then please take the time to make one now. You can use Balketh's Sheets and You thread as your base. Please make these as detailed as possible to create an easier time for yourself and for me in the RP.

III. This is optional. If you have any creative idea that you personally want in the RP for your character to go through (say Kevlar really wants Alicia to get seperated from the group and have to fight her way back) then please PM me the idea. Do NOT post those ideas here on the OOC; we want these ideas to be a surprise to the other players.

"OUF - The Fornax Incident"
will begin on January 27th. Be ready and cheers!

---

NPCs - (these will be added to as we go along)

Grand Vizier Del'kaan Marco (Ithorian Male)
- the leading man of the mission. The Military Executor is currently off-world and as such, has given command of the mission to the Vizier, given his background (a strong military history) and Haan's disappearance (a member of the EC). The Vizier is a well trained Jedi Knight.

Field Marshall Garn Cursor (Human Male) - Wanting a strong Militia presence within this mission, the Executor requested the Vizier take Cursor as his second. Vizier was happy to ablige. He prefers to be in the heat of the battle with a close quarters weaponry.

Captain Kerry Rodgers (Human Female) - Cursor doesn't go anywhere without his trusted Captain Rodgers. She is highly skilled as a sniper and knife fighter.

Senior Councillor Farath Haan (Human Female) - A member of the Order sent to Fornax to scout for rare minerals. She didn't message the EC on the scheduled time and after some time, a team was sent to investigate.

---

The Kalicur Ship plans

Last edited by Carlen Darko on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Re: OUF - The Fornax Incident OOC

Post  Jasterk Staren on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:25 am

Is this the survival RP or another kind of RP? Either way im in.

Ill be using Jasterk Staren of course, and i think ill go update my RP profile now.

AH! just missed your post in the survival thread, my bad. YES ITS STARTING!!!
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 am

Jasterk Staren wrote:Is this the survival RP or another kind of RP? Either way im in.

Ill be using Jasterk Staren of course, and i think ill go update my RP profile now.

Yes, this is the Survival RP.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:46 am

absolutely fantastic, I'll make sure to update Alicia's bio for this RP.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Finally, incentive to finish off my character sheet and post it!
Should have it up sometime tomorrow... not doing anything else then.
Hardest part is coming up with a name I'm happy with.
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Beadle wrote:Finally, incentive to finish off my character sheet and post it!
Should have it up sometime tomorrow... not doing anything else then.
Hardest part is coming up with a name I'm happy with.

I could just be a name that suits your character's personality, and just use Beadle as his callsign.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 am

Alright, as we care getting closer to launch, I thought I would take the time to fill in some holes for anyone based on the first RP post.

The angle of this RP is that it is a look back on past events. Quinlan Sa'athis, our Grand Inquisitor, has been rummaging over this logbook looking for something (not telling, bwah ha ha ha). This log is what you make of it. He is looking into the past of what you are about to do. Just clearing that up.

Also, important, this is a Narrated RP. That means that, like in D & D, I will occassionally take control of your characters to lead them somewhere. However, that being said, the majority of creativity comes from you. I only use this power to further the story into new areas.

For Example:
Say Beadle's character Apollo has been fighting off multiple enemies at one time while the others are locked in another room. Beadle would go about killing the enemies and trying to get the door open. However, he would need to leave it up to me as to how successful he is at it.

"As the spawn closed in on my position, Apollo hunkered down behind a scorched table for cover and let loose his ammo. Headshot here, chest hole there, they kept coming. He could hear his team on the other side of the door behind, banging to get in and help him. Does he let them join him in hell? As the spawn keep flooding in the crevice across the room, Apollo takes drastic measures. Unclipping a thermal grenade from his belt, he let's his fury fly straight into the crevice as he turns and slams the door hard with his armored shoulder, praying for it to collapse and his team to appear." I would then respond with something like "Apollo's attempts at the door are void. The door is secure." This would open Beadle to try something else. Or I could say "The door cleanly falls with one strike as a mighty explosion pops behind Apollo. His team comes rushing in to his aid."
Yet more options appear.
---
That is how this RP will run.
So, does anyone have any questions for me?

Editted: for example content

Last edited by Carlen Darko on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:03 am

Just for those of us who might be confused by the 'look back on the past' perspective. Could you explain how the format of the story will be told via holo-log?

Maybe give a brief example of what format to take, and another example of what not to take?

Otherwise, I can't wait!
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:16 am

Kevlar wrote:Just for those of us who might be confused by the 'look back on the past' perspective. Could you explain how the format of the story will be told via holo-log?

Maybe give a brief example of what format to take, and another example of what not to take?

Otherwise, I can't wait!

Sure thing. It is really simple actually. This will be told just like any other RP. Both the players and the Narrator talk in third person (as shown in my Example above) with one exception. This story will "hop" around a little. The players will not have to describe every single event they do to get somewhere, but the holo-log will do that for them. The holo-log is a sort of controlling factor in this RP. Quinlan, who is reading the log (see RP post), will occasionally skip past certain events to get to more interesting facts that he needs to understand.

For Example:
Say the team gets a strong reading of a radio signal somewhere across the city. Quinlan will most likely not care what path they took to get there, but will be highly interested in what this signal is. So, he will skip ahead to it.

"Command Line: skip to point 334A"
...searching log for point 334A
...point located
“Command Line: play”
...loading

The team arrives at the radio's point of origin. What they see is unnerving. Hundreds of bodies lay dormant, surrounding a...etc, etc.
---
This is a way to keep the RP active and constantly moving.

Last edited by Carlen Darko on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:19 am

Sounds fantastic! I like it!
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:41 am

I like! I really like! Can't wait!
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 am

Thats a really good idea! Cant wait to do this!
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:05 am

Alright, everyone has PM'd me and confirmed their participation. My wife is getting induced on Tuesday morning, so expect me to be busy up until late next week. At that point, we'll begin.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:40 am

hmm....this sounds very interesting.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:hmm....this sounds very interesting.

Interested in joining in Jeme? I'm sure Carlen wouldn't mind another!
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:23 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:hmm....this sounds very interesting.

Jeme, if you are interested, please follow the steps listed in the original post above and we'll see about adding you aboard the Hogwarts Express... ahhh shi...wrong movie.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:41 am

Ok, looks like I am in.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:25 pm

argh! waiting, suspense, killing! =P
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:22 am

so, yea...
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:24 am

Jasterk Staren wrote:so, yea...

Slowest moving zombies ever imo =P hahaha
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:59 am

Sorry guys.
Remember, I just got home with my new daughter. I have to focus on her for a bit to get her settled into the new environment. After that, I'll be hitting this off.

Side note: Kev, I find it peculiar that my daughter has your eyes...
*looks at Kevlar suspiciously*
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:06 am

Carlen Darko wrote:Side note: Kev, I find it peculiar that my daughter has your eyes...
*looks at Kevlar suspiciously*

Oh shi!~ [Runs and Hides]

=P

but actually seen photos though, awesome kid.

Though getting off topic, can't wait till this gets rolling. I'm so out of RP shape.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:16 am

Lol, no problemo Carlen, you daughter is more important of course.
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Jasterk Staren wrote:Lol, no problemo Carlen, you daughter is more important of course.

Lies! =P
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:13 pm

THE FORNAX INCIDENT RP WILL BEGIN ON:
JANUARY 25, 2010
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content