Go down

Re: Mass Effect 2

Post  Rebel Marksman on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:22 am

Lucky, owell at least some of us get to have fun. Razz
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 am

Carlen Darko wrote:It's mine...IT'S MINE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I bet you'll get wet eyes at the start =D

You'll know the bit I'm talking about.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm going to get it on the 28th or 29th when it comes out in Aus.
Also Kevlar, if you did some of the side-quests like the Valuable Minerals one in the first game, or the Asari Writings, will that effect your second game in any way? i.e, give you more cash, extra power or anything?
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:16 pm

I don't think the particulars of quests effect your overall game, though you do get notes throughout the game from people you've helped in the first game.

I know for a fact the higher level your ME1 character and the more money you have, the more resources you start off with in ME2.

I've started my second play through with my ME2 character on suicidal, and getting my arse handed over to me.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Damn you and your illegal downloading. Very Happy I've picked the game up today for my girlfriend for our anniversary. She liked Mass Effect 1 a lot so she's got dibs on it. I'll probably get a crack at it later this week when I find time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:36 am

Fingers are getting veeery twitchy Jan 28th release date at EB games can't come fast enough!!
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 am

Kevlar wrote:

I cried. That's right guild, Carlen Darko cried. Get used to it, I'm a puss.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:32 am

Carlen Darko wrote:
Kevlar wrote:

I cried. That's right guild, Carlen Darko cried. Get used to it, I'm a puss.

Well...you said it.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:59 am

w000000000000000t my credit card has been charged.
Only 2 more days....
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:40 pm

one beef I have with Mass Effect 2 is that your squad AI is still almost as stupid as ever.

Seriously, I've been playing for a bit now on my second play through with Suicidal difficulty and you might as well not have team mates. Your stupid teammates constantly stand out in the open and get shot to pieces or get to cover, then lean out while enemies are firing and get shot to pieces or get to cover then break cover to run forwards and get shot to pieces.

Every fight I've been in they've died in the first 10 seconds, and I spend the next 10 minutes whittling down the enemy's shields and then throwing them off cliffs. (which seems to be the only way to kill these tough mofo's on suicidal)

Mean while they drop your barrier with 3 shots, kill you with another 4.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Kevlar wrote:one beef I have with Mass Effect 2 is that your squad AI is still almost as stupid as ever.

Seriously, I've been playing for a bit now on my second play through with Suicidal difficulty and you might as well not have team mates. Your stupid teammates constantly stand out in the open and get shot to pieces or get to cover, then lean out while enemies are firing and get shot to pieces or get to cover then break cover to run forwards and get shot to pieces.

Every fight I've been in they've died in the first 10 seconds, and I spend the next 10 minutes whittling down the enemy's shields and then throwing them off cliffs. (which seems to be the only way to kill these tough mofo's on suicidal)

Mean while they drop your barrier with 3 shots, kill you with another 4.

I honestly do not have this problem. To me, the team AI is far superior to its predecessor. There are many times where I'll go into a room of two or three enemies and only get the chance to kill one before my team has slaughtered the rest. One tip I can suggest is to place your team where you want them. I'm an Infiltrator, so I usually sit on a flank while have the others charge from the other side. Works like a charm.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:05 pm

what difficulty are you playing? They were fine on normal and the next one up.

On suicidal they might as well stay on the Normandy, instead of wasting my medigels.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 am

Shipping today
Playing tomorrow

w00000000000000000000000000t
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:05 am

Kevlar wrote:what difficulty are you playing? They were fine on normal and the next one up.

On suicidal they might as well stay on the Normandy, instead of wasting my medigels.

Insanity.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:13 am

hmm, it seems I'm playing on insanity as well, don't know why my teammates are getting wasted so bad. Then again I'm playing at lvl 28, so every enemy I meet has got armor and shields/barrier.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:14 am

Are there any allies in mass effect 2 from the first in all the trailers I just see new ones.
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:19 am

Tali and Garrus are the only two companions that carry over from ME1 though throughout the game you meet all of the others who survived from one.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:42 am

I got the game early yesterday and I'm pretty amazed, just two more squad members left to get, and a few more biotic and tech upgrades (I use Miranda and Mordin at all times,) to get.

Every bit of criticism has been listened too and everythings been improved, though it's still incredibly glitchy in some areas.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:13 pm

My only gripe is that I can't switch shoulders when in battle mode. I mainly use Grunt and Jacob right now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:42 pm

Garr Talon wrote:My only gripe is that I can't switch shoulders when in battle mode. I mainly use Grunt and Jacob right now.

If you get all the shotgun upgrades plus some really good shotguns then you can get them to flank the enemy and do a lot of damage..works pretty well too as far as I've tried, even though theyll die extremely quick
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:26 am

I use them for the up close stuff. I sit back while they are up in people's faces and I snipe those fools. I use my cryo ammo and freeze in place when I'm out of sniper ammo and Jacob and Grunt come along and shatter them. It's a good rhythm I got going. Now I need to spend a lot of time finding resources though to get all my research done...

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Yeah, the resource gathering off of planets is a serious pain. It's sort of fun at first but then it gets really boring.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Alrighty finished ME2 last weekend.... Never thought i would say this but i missed driving around.

Did a pretty quick run. Missed lots of missions so im gonna start to replay soon.

And I really get tired of all the loading screens..

But what an amazing game again, loved it, gonna be hooked for a while. Also looking forward for any movie projects that maybe start soon.

oh and yes, compagnions are not really usefull. I mostly send them charging so I could easely Snipe my targets..
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Companions are pretty useful on something like Normal mode, because of their abilities (Miranda's warp, Mordin's incendiary,) though with my experience on hard mode they are pretty much target practice for the enemy to fire at.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm assuming then on the harder modes it's best to use companions with the most health and armor?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum