TOR Release Date

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TOR Release Date

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:37 am

Here it is! via Kotaku

BioWare today confirmed the spring 2011 release window for Star Wars: The Old Republic that EA CEO John Ricitiello mentioned yesterday, promising exciting updates and reveals throughout 2010.
Ricitiello spoke about the release window yesterday
during an EA financial update conference call. Now BioWare's Sean
Dahlberg confirms the news via a message posted this morning on the
official Star Wars: The Old Republic message boards.

While we have not announced a specific date, we can confirm that we
are targeting a spring 2011 release for Star Wars™️: The Old Republic™️.
We've got a lot of exciting updates and reveals planned throughout
2010, including the first-ever hands-on testing for the game. It's not
too late to sign up to be a game tester, so go to www.swtor.com/tester
and sign up today. We can't wait to share more about the game with you
as we progress through the year, so make sure you stay tuned to the
official website for details.
While it is a bit of a disappointment that we won't be seeing the
game launch this year, I like the idea that BioWare still has a year's
worth of new things to reveal. It makes you wonder what cards the
developer is holding close to its chest.

DISCUSS!!

Back to top Go down

Re: TOR Release Date

Post  Kevlar on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:42 am

I'm glad and utterly guttered at the same time.

Glad that there is a confirmed release window, guttered that it is so bloody long away =(
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 am

Yeah, that's a pretty weak release date... but I am interested to see what they reveal between now and then.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:37 am

I feel the same as Kev. A release date or window is nice, but that far off is gonna hurt. I guess it will give me plenty of time to concentrate hard on school.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:45 am

Just means it will be that much better.
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am

Darka's thread brought up this point as well.

Doesn't worry me.

When is spring for those EA/BioWare people please? I want to know the months so I can make a countdown to the beginning of the release window.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Hmm still long time away indeed. But I hope its because they really really want
to release the most awesome mmo evar!

btw my boss just gave me a weird look when I asked for some free time....
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Benson wrote:btw my boss just gave me a weird look when I asked for some free time....
For spring next year? Hahaha

Well this is excellent news for me if not for all of you because I will be home by then Very Happy
I'm guessing the next big releases will be of gameplay of each of the classes and, hopefully, more flashpoints.
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:44 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:When is spring for those EA/BioWare people please? I want to know the months so I can make a countdown to the beginning of the release window.

Gamespot's new update says Q2 2011.

So that's any where from Later March to Early June. So I'd say April sometime.

Well, atleast this gives us plenty of time to RP and do other guild stuff, lets the pressure off Garr and his deadline for finishing OUF game before launch.

By the time the game does ship, we'll have a super solid core of members.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:58 pm

I have to say, I'm not upset either! The only downfall is we will only have about a year of gameplay before the world ends in 2012
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Kevlar wrote:lets the pressure off Garr and his deadline for finishing OUF game before launch.

Excellent point! About that time I'll be finished with my Bachelors and heading on to grad school.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:53 am

I've noticed ever since the release date was announced, there have been a sharp drop in forum activity =P hahaha.

Then again quite a few of us suddenly have got kids =P hehe, whats everyone else's excuse?
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:55 am

Lazy
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:13 am

I'm still here. And I have a new kid.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:19 am

Heh, I've got a new child as well and I'm still very active.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:26 am

that's kind the opposite of everything I assumed there, if dum dum will come on and say, "I've got a kid and I'm active!"

then my question will be, why the hell are people with excuses to be busy here and people who are free not? =P
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Working two jobs sucks.
lol
Not to mention, I'm trying to beat Dragon Age before ME2 comes out Monday night.

As for the release window... I'm really kinda thrown back by it. For the longest time the assumption, by both forum users and the gaming websites, was going to be 2010 year. It saddens me, as I'm sure it saddens all of us that we have to wait yet another year.
As long as the updates keep coming, and the development proves true, I'll be a happy man.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 pm

noticed the drop aswell.... Still only active again recently so I should keep my mouth shut...
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Well, I know that I'll be on here up to the release and long into it's lifespan. This game could suck bad and I'd probably play it...
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Work, and classes have started back up. Any free time I have I try to spend with the lady and any extra from that I devote to the game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Checking the forums takes very very little time. Even commenting on a topic here and there takes very little time. Being active in other activities can definitely take up some time. I guess it depends on the level of activity you are referring to. I would consider checking the forums 5 out of 7 days a week and contributing somehow to a conversation here and there active. We have a few members that regularly check the forums, but do not comment much at all. They are actively checking the forums, but it's easy to overlook them because they hardly ever comment.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:36 am

Indeed. I try to post at least once a day, but it has been months since I've gone a day without checking the forums. In fact, I think I just broke the top ten in total posts, but I've been here longer than a couple of others who are ahead of me. (Post whores Razz )

Either way, since a lot of us are back in school you can expect this part of the year to always be slow even when the game releases. There are a couple times a year when it slows down. Specifically January, May-April, and August. After those times we should see activity slowly rise back up and even spike (like we saw for December) right before those months. This also applies to the working world as well (due to company's fiscal years restarting and new initiatives are enacted) but their levels do not fluctuate as much due to their stability.

While we can't/shouldn't discriminate against those in classes (AKA Me) if we find our members falling into long periods of inactivity then one solution is to recruit older members (Mid to upper 20's and up). Ultimately though it's going to come down to the members themselves and their ability to balance their priorities.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:48 am

Arashi wrote:Checking the forums takes very very little time. Even commenting on a topic here and there takes very little time. Being active in other activities can definitely take up some time. I guess it depends on the level of activity you are referring to. I would consider checking the forums 5 out of 7 days a week and contributing somehow to a conversation here and there active. We have a few members that regularly check the forums, but do not comment much at all. They are actively checking the forums, but it's easy to overlook them because they hardly ever comment.

Like Arashi said, its not difficult to check in once a day for 10 minutes, leave a few comments, if only to let people know you are still alive =P Plus it also helps drive the conversation.

I know some of us have a lot more time, but it doesn't take hour periods per day to participate.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:35 am

I am always here, just not always commenting.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:37 am

hahah

trademarked ominous Quin lurking?
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down