This just in to all Mass Effect fans!!!

Go down

This just in to all Mass Effect fans!!!

Post  Bahn Durm on Tue May 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Did you hear about the Mass Effect movie?
Yep, Legendary Pictures, the studio behind such hits as The Dark Knight,
The Hangover, Watchmen and 300 have picked up the rights to make a Mass
Effect movie! Avi Arad will produce for Legendary Pictures and Ray,
Greg and Casey will act as executive producers. You can learn more
details on the Mass Effect forums here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/129/index/2717410

I'm a bit excited and apprehensive.
This is going to be one of those movies where it will either rock the universe or blow it all to Hell.
Thoughts?

::EDIT:: Had to edit the title because, duh, this website is about a BioWare game; when this pertains specifically to Mass Effect.
....I need something better to do.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Re: This just in to all Mass Effect fans!!!

Post  Rebel Marksman on Wed May 26, 2010 1:36 am

I don't see how this movie is going to work because Mass Effect is about you being Shepard any way you want, wheather as a renagade or a paragon. So they would have to making Shepard the way they want and which would making all your choices seem pointless. But on the other hand I like me some Mass Effect and will probably go see it.
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Wed May 26, 2010 3:01 am

There is always a canonical way to go through these games. Take KOTOR for instance its canon that Revan is a Light Side Male and all decisions, companions that flow from that.

Mass Effect is no different cept Bioware has not decided what is canon yet, this is no different from when George wrote Star Wars, every icon has to start somewhere.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 26, 2010 4:43 am

I've seen SOO many games being announced as movies which ultimately fails in early production. I don't believe it until I see a trailer.

Back to top Go down

Post  No'Saj Rol'Yat on Wed May 26, 2010 4:54 am

Hmm..well its a promising beginning. Good Studio, good producers. Hopefully it will be a well written story with a good Director and great Cast. If they get it all right I think it would an amazing setting for a great movie. Perhaps I am biased as I loved the ME series so far, but wow, I am excited by this.

With Legendary Studios having done Dark Knight, I can very definately see someone like Christian Bale as a male Sheppard, or even better perhaps the actor who played Leonidis from 300.
Ahh the possibilities.
No'Saj Rol'Yat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Wed May 26, 2010 12:07 pm

This looks cool and I really hope Seth Green is up to play as Joker. I really liked Iron Man, The Dark Knight and The Watchmen. Razz
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Sat May 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Let's hope it actually makes it through production.. I mean look at the Halo movie. With all of the hype that series has, and it just turned into District 9. Which I think was a great choice because Halo blows and District 9 was one of the best action sci-fi flicks I've ever seen.

I would actually rather see them make a Dragon Age movie if they choose a Bioware game... Mass Effect just seems too sacred for them to play with. Unless it's a four hour long epic with two sequels following and can compare with the likes of Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sun May 30, 2010 6:00 am

Dragon Age but with maybe a bit of a slightly different storyline, at the moment it just seems to cliche and bland to be put into movie form...
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle on Sun May 30, 2010 12:38 pm

Yeah, well if they make certain choices in the movie then you can just make completely different choices in the game and feel all smug because of it.
And I agree with the whole don't get too excited about it until we see some action because, did anyone else here about the Warcraft movie. Haven't heard anything other than that they got writers and that guy from spiderman 3 is directing :S .
But hopefully all will turn out well and theyll make a great movie. Not having played Mass Effect I don't really care much either way... but support!
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sun May 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Spiderman 3 wasn't such a great movie.

All I know though is some of the same people made the Watchmen, 300 and The Dark Knight which is pretty cool. Sad
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Sam Raimi is doing the Warcraft movie?? hHAhahahahahaha!
I love his stuff (other than Spider-man 3, ugh!). He's a terrible choice for that plot. He'd make it all cheesy and corny (pretty much the theme in all of his movies), so there are going to be a lot of disappointed/pissed off Warcraft fans.

As for the Mass Effect movie, the Arad's have had their hand in the pocket of pretty much every comic book movie out there over the last 12 years. So naturally, they're involved in a movie release of one the best selling video game titles out there. Now, whether or not this is a success for them is a different story. Let's hope that, for our gamer sakes, that it is and that they choose a SOLID director. Hell, Spielberg should come out of Directing retirement to make this.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragon on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:35 am

Obviously with a mass effect game you can't explore the full scope of the game. But when you play the game you only play through it one way each time (unless you go back to previous saves and make different decisions, but then you would never finish the games). The movie would be like one play through. The only thing you can hope is that the don't take the easy path of decision making and make Shepard a stereotype but show Shepard having to make tough decisions. This then captures the essence of the game. In my opinion anyway.
It is hard to make a game into a movie, but ME has enough storyline to make it fly???
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum