Discover Ord Mantell

Go down

Discover Ord Mantell

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:13 am

Get to know Ord Mantell, the latest planet revealed in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Plagued with civil war between the Republic military and Separatist guerillas, Ord Mantell is a hazardous planet with a story riddled with battle and political conflict.

Read more about the history of Ord Mantell and how the former home to an advanced military depot and popular spaceport base turned to a breeding ground for rebellion.

Make sure to check out concept art and screenshots from the game depicting Ord Mantell’s war-torn scenery.

And don’t forget to outfit your desktop with a new downloadable Ord Mantell themed wallpaper!
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Re: Discover Ord Mantell

Post  Balketh Aran on Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:33 am

Very nice, an industrial city important to the plot that's not Coruscant. :D

It's got wonderfully varied locations, and that third screenshot hints at some kind of transport system of ships, be it like the WoW flight system, where you board a ship and it flies you where you want to go in real time, or you BUY ships and fly 'em. :D

Either way, getting better, and getting CLOSER too, it's April already! :D
Balketh Aran

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:21 am

Yay! You got the intended purpose of the news item (I was about to edit and mention to post comments here but you are a clever cookie!)

Yes, I think that decent updates are coming more frequently now as they finalise everything they have been working on. Ord Mantell looks like a fun place, I can't wait to play there.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:46 am

Ord Mantell seems like a place that needs jedi presence. :)
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Korrin Valus on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:10 am

So...

Is anyone brave/stoopid enough to make a prediction about possible release dates?

With 16 planets to reveal, X number of classes and races, web comics and gameplay mechanics I'm hoping that the bundles that Sean (SW:TOR reference would go here but I can't find it) mentioned will start to include multiple "major" reveals.

BTW. I think 1st quarter 2010, it's just to much to hope that they can get beta testing done before then even if they started today. See I'm stoopid enough :-)

They didn't start beta testing today did they?
Korrin Valus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:13 am

No word of any sort of testing yet - correct.

I don't imagine seeing a release until at least Q1 2010 as well.

Half because i don't want them to rush it and half because of other evidence like EA's projections to stockholders etc.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:52 am

Definitely noticed the speeders. Though from the looks of it I don't foresee us sitting in them and driving around. Probably like you said WoW does it. I was hoping for speeders to be like SWG though. Maybe we will get mounts some day. Nice update though.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Hmm looks very nice and i dont care how long it takes to come out i just dont want it too be rushed too im sick of games that have alot of potential to be good but get ruined because the makers rushed it
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:08 pm

The first thing I noticed was the speeders. They look cool, but I didn't really like them much in SWG. This planet looks really open and awesome, but also has it's dark lava scenes. Pretty cool.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:56 pm

what didn't you like about the speeders in SWG? Did you like the mounts?
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum