Developer Dispatch: Diverse Worlds

Go down

Developer Dispatch: Diverse Worlds

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat May 02, 2009 4:05 am

Majestic forests, toxic swamplands, desert landscapes, and hazardous war zones – the worlds that make up the Star Wars™ universe are unique and enriched with compelling storylines. Watch Developer Dispatch: Diverse Worlds and go behind the scenes to find out how the developers are bringing the worlds of Tython, Korriban, Hutta, and Ord Mantell to life – a few of the many playable worlds in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. (click image to go to video)
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Re: Developer Dispatch: Diverse Worlds

Post  Rygal Blaqk on Sat May 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Loving it, can't wait..
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole on Sat May 02, 2009 5:30 pm

cool these updates are getting better and better
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sat May 02, 2009 6:02 pm

I liked the video, but I didn't feel like it gave us much more info on the game. I was hoping to see more character action in it as well. The last video had a good amount of that. But it was a nice video.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk on Sat May 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Thought I saw what could be part of the UI..

Always looking for that..

The UI is important to me.
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Sun May 03, 2009 1:48 am

Look close and it shows a little bit of PC gameplay of what looks like the Soldier class. It was on Ord Mantell. Could this mean that Ord Mantell could be the starting point for both the Soldier and the Smuggler/Scoundrel classes?
Maybe...
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Korrin Valus on Sun May 03, 2009 2:30 am

I love these video releases. It gives me hope that BioWare is spending time, effort and money just to let the fans see the process. While dev blogs are interesting they can be knocked up in a few hours, concept art can be culled from the thousands of images that they have already used to develop the game and the web comic is being produced by another company but these videos are specifically filmed just to give us our TOR fix.

I can hardly wait for the next one.
Korrin Valus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Sun May 03, 2009 1:28 pm

If you liked this week's update, I just wonder how you'll feel about next week's!" -Sean Dahlberg

I didn't know how to react to that from Mr. Dahlberg.
If some don't know who he is.... well.... if the SW:TOR Forums were God, he'd be Jesus Christ, his son that preaches the good word of the Forums.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Mon May 04, 2009 3:40 am

Those planets look so badass. I like for Ord Mantell when he said it would feel like you're running from one shelter to another.. I hope there actually is a feeling of haste when you're out in the open.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 04, 2009 8:49 am

Korrin Valus wrote:I love these video releases. It gives me hope that BioWare is spending time, effort and money just to let the fans see the process. While dev blogs are interesting they can be knocked up in a few hours, concept art can be culled from the thousands of images that they have already used to develop the game and the web comic is being produced by another company but these videos are specifically filmed just to give us our TOR fix.

I can hardly wait for the next one.

Well said Korrin. I too get the most enjoyment out of the video's. It really does seem like they are putting a lot of effort in keeping the fans excited about the game. I also like how much effort they are putting in to giving the fans a lot of history before the release. It's hard not to get greedy and want more info.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Mon May 04, 2009 5:56 pm

De nieuwste trailer van Star Wars: The Old Republic laat zien hoe Bioware de ontwikkeling van de verschillende spelwerelden heeft aangepakt. De speler zal in de MMORPG onder andere de planeten Korriban en Tython verkennen. Bioware heeft beloofd dat The Old Republic meer verhaalelementen zal bevatten dan zijn voorgangers. Veldslagen, exploratie en het ontwikkelen van je personage zullen echter ook aan bod komen.

This is a news thread on a very popular game-news site. www.gamer.nl
In Dutch....

simple translation: news about the newest developer video about zee worlds.
(I know, it was not a translation)

Decided to post my first comment on the site:
And decided that we could use more Dutch people in OUF :)
so I posted the link to our website there aswell.... when dous the dutch start?

quote: LFM 1 jedi, 2 jedi and 1 random...jedi...
(someone that dous not understand the game) ;)
Benson

Back to top Go down

Sorry. Didn't get a word

Post  Master Nuuk on Thu May 07, 2009 9:49 am

Sounds fine to me and I hope they speak english as you do...

Master Nuuk
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Thu May 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Did you guys knew, that my ancestors in Holland where really stupid...

why???

The Dutch almost ruled the world back in the days.. New York was actually named New Amsterdam after our capital. And in those years we sold some land.... error error.

I'm really bad at all little details and confirmed facts but one time in america there was a vote what would be the language in America... English had beaten Dutch with only a few %.
So if we had kept our lands and did some things right in the past, dutch would have been one of the mayor languages in the world....

But unfortunatly that didn't happen so most Dutch people speak and write english just as good as me :(..... wich sucks ass sometimes ;)
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum