Caarimon OUF Temple (15ATC) OOC

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Caarimon OUF Temple (15ATC) OOC

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue May 12, 2009 7:58 pm

I thought we could start a RP for our temple. We don't have to use the one on Caarimon if you all don't want but that is the only one I know of. We could use this as a place to discuss the order and just if someone wanted to practice some role play with their character they could hop on and do it. We could make a time table for it. Possibly start it at the signing of the treaty of Coruscant? With this RP you can discuss anything. And this way members that are not involved in a specific RP like Operation Jedi Freedom can still RP when they want to. I think the conversation the Epicurus started the other day would have been a good example of something we could do with this.

Thoughts?
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Re: Caarimon OUF Temple (15ATC) OOC

Post  Jacan Na'al on Wed May 13, 2009 1:13 am

I like this idea.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Sun May 17, 2009 12:42 pm

I really like the idea as well.. gives people like me a chance to think of some back story while still getting some of the exterior stuff out there and having fun RPing at the same time.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Mon May 18, 2009 12:34 am

Definitely!

I am trying to actually write a weekly posting of adventures for Bahn's backstory, but I'm still missing necessary pieces of information to make it seem accurate to both the game and the guild.

This idea for our temple is a great one for me to jump into so I can get my story straight.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 am

If someone wants to start this please go ahead. I will try to get it started if no one else takes the initiative.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 am

We should agree on a timeline for this before we start it though I suppose.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Mon May 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Timeline would be handy...

Cant play Benson I guess... He probably would not be alive yet....
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Mon May 18, 2009 1:38 pm

I say a year or two before the whole cold war began (so there is war between Sith and Republic but its not uneasy and coruscant has not been sacked)

Perhaps even before we get involved as an Order in the conflict, that way not everyone has to be all war-like.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 18, 2009 5:34 pm

The Cold War begins after the treaty of Coruscant right? The timeline video they started on the TOR site seems to be calling the years BTC and ATC for before and after treaty Coruscant. Are you suggesting about 15ATC Jacan?
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue May 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Does everyone agree on 15 ATC for this to start? Everyone's character should be alive and old enough to take part in this I think. Let me know so we can get this rolling.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Sounds great to me. What's the background story on this?

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue May 19, 2009 9:46 pm

The background story is our guild history and SW's history. Pretty much its suppose to be like real time. If your character is in the OUF temple at Caarimon you could post something there and have RP conversations with guild members. There are lots of options here. You could discuss just about anything here from OUF principles, personal struggles of your character, possible new missions, and the list goes on and on. You could even introduce your character here if somehow you made it to the temple.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Wed May 20, 2009 1:23 am

15ATC is after the treaty so is during the cold war. If thats what you would prefer then thats fine.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Wed May 20, 2009 6:49 am

Any time frame is perfectly okay with me. The only problem I see with pushing it back before the treaty is it would keep some members from being able to participate because, correct me if I'm wrong here, the game starts 30 years after the treaty is signed. I was thinking the half way point should be far enough for everyone to participate, but still gives us 15 years to play with before the start of the game.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 25, 2009 1:28 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:I say a year or two before the whole cold war began (so there is war between Sith and Republic but its not uneasy and coruscant has not been sacked)

Perhaps even before we get involved as an Order in the conflict, that way not everyone has to be all war-like.

I have been thinking about your idea on the timeline and was wandering if we could create two. One could be maybe 10BTC or 5BTC and the second could be 15ATC (which I thought I read the game will start 30 years ATC but recently I have looked to confirm that and can not find an exact date for the start of the game). The earlier setting would be like you said with not much talk of war.

Thoughts?
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Mon May 25, 2009 2:23 am

Yes I understand the game is set to begin roughly 30 years after the treaty is signed (30 ATC)

So 15 ATC would be prior to the game and allow the 'younger' characters to RP as well, so possibly the better choice of the two.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 25, 2009 4:09 am

I take you think we should start only one RP than. I'll try to get it start asap. If anyone would like to start it off please do so.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Mon May 25, 2009 8:19 am

I think the temple could do with a layout blueprint so people can picture where things are.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 25, 2009 9:38 am

Excellent idea. (looks at the Supreme Commander)
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Mon May 25, 2009 12:55 pm

I did start to come up with something but then I was at a blank about all the rooms and things we would need so lets get a list together of them:

Hangers
Elder Council Chamber
Quarters (how many do we think?)
Entry/Foyer
Library/Archives
Training Facilities (such as?...)
Judicial Halls (how many rooms and for what?)
Economy Halls (how many rooms and for what?)
Assault Halls (how many rooms and for what?)
Grand Inquisitors Office (lol, no halls for you)
Mess Hall (aka Dining Room + Food facilities)
Service centres (vehicle/droid repairs)
Medical centre

What else?
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Mon May 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Halls?
LOL I need a entire building, perhaps a secret basement although my office will be with the rest of the councils near the chambers
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Mon May 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Quarters.... the only logical thing would be find out how big you want the temple to be....
then check how many space you need for all chambers you really want.
How big must a quarter be... and then see how many quarters you can have..

Not every member needs a quarter... only higher members and members with a specific task inside the temple. most will be traveling so we would have quarters like a hotel has rooms I guess.

I have designed buildings and spaceships before as my role as GM in starwars D20.
And many other designs for D&D.

So I could try something, but I dont know what you have in your head Jacan so it is probably not my place to design... and I dont have much free time anyway...
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Mon May 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Halls?
LOL I need a entire building, perhaps a secret basement although my office will be with the rest of the councils near the chambers

You can have the extra basement floor(s) under the last floor that 'exists' in the temple.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 25, 2009 6:58 pm

I would think the JC Halls would have a "court" room. An office for Elder Chancellors and one for minor Chancellors. One meeting room and one storage room. If that is too many you can change it as you see fit. I was thinking we would need a jail or force cage room. It could be in the JC Halls as well.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Mon May 25, 2009 7:43 pm

I think we have alot of cool things in store for our guild.

And I think with this setup we could grow till we have hundreds maybe thousends members...

But do we really want to be that big.......??

I'll explain dont worry... if we have 100 members... Think in the starwars therms in the old republic. We would be no bigger then 1 maybe 2 units of republican troops......
Why do we need an economic system and a judical...?

Or is OUF bigger then just its players.... think of guards, mechanics, etc.... (NPC's)

So the questions remains how big is OUF on release of the game....
- only the 140 players we have then.
- Or do we calculate npc's for all the things we dont want to do...

like:

- fill up a speeder
- cleaning a fighter
- guarding the place...

maybe this is not the place for this topic....
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum