In BioWare we trust?

Go down

In BioWare we trust?

Post  Bahn Durm on Thu May 21, 2009 5:37 am

Hey guys, don't let the title throw you about my opinion of them. It's not what it looks like.
I just finished Mass Effect (yeah, I know, really late in the game). I cannot emphasize how much I enjoyed that game. I can honestly say that I've never been that satisfied with a video game before, and Lord knows I've played a good amount of them.
This was my most recent BioWare title under my belt, and yet another that I enjoyed. I've played the first Neverwinter Nights and the KotOR that they developed. That makes three that I've enjoyed playing, even though I never completed NWN.

With that said, I am terribly anxious to see what these guys are gonna do with The Old Republic. They have shown that they put a lot into their games and make you glad that you jumped in.

I'm just curious about some others' thoughts on this.
Jump in.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Re: In BioWare we trust?

Post  Guest on Thu May 21, 2009 6:02 am

Well, if weapon customization is a feature in TOR, we can expect lots of repeat component add-ons to drop :P

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Thu May 21, 2009 6:32 am

I also recently completed Mass Effect, last month actually and I completely agree. Its been a very long time since a game ending has been that satisfying, I absolutely loved it.

I am very eagerly following all information I can find on ME2 :)

Currently replaying NWN1 and I am finding a lot of fun in that also.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Thu May 21, 2009 7:40 am

dude lol mass effect is awesome (like all the others of bioware iv played) cant wait for number 2!!!!!!
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Korrin Valus on Thu May 21, 2009 12:47 pm

I too have just finished my first pass at Mass Effect and I have started another run at a harder level with a different class.

I have loved the game although I have found it to be rather buggy even after patching.

Why every class was granted use of assault rifles. The handbook made out that only the soldier class could start with these and that one or two other classes could train in them but even my Adept is able to blaze away with little difficulty. This means that I don't get behind cover like I should and consequently spend a lot of time dead. If I was only allowed pistols like the manual says then I would rely on my biotics much more and GET BEHIND COVER!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, just somethings I have noticed.

Feel free to flame me now

*Korrin dons his fireproof underwear*
Korrin Valus

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole on Thu May 21, 2009 1:56 pm

haha i cant judge you Korrin as i have not yet played the game yet, im pretty eager to play it but havnt got around to it yet
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Thu May 21, 2009 5:28 pm

nice!
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Thu May 21, 2009 9:05 pm

lol the only thing i can complain about mass effect is that it is horribly buggy...to those that are about to play, save often
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Sun May 24, 2009 10:01 am

Just to go with the flow, I ALSO have just finished mass effect. My first ever bioware game, and I freaking LOVED it! Given Bioware's apparent trackrecord of awesomeness, I have high hopes for Swtor
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole on Sun May 24, 2009 12:35 pm

yer if its as good as it looks it should blow WOW away
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sun May 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Lol another person boasting an MMORPG will destroy WOW.....except this one might be it, it might be the ONE!!
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 25, 2009 1:02 am

I haven't played WoW, but to me it seems the main thing that has kept WoW so popular is that fact that the communities in WoW are very strong. From what I have seen and heard its not the greatest game, but everyone that has played for a long period of time seems to have stayed because of the guilds. I'm sure the game play and Blizzard not making any huge mistakes has helped that be possible. It seemed like SWG was gonna make it through the NGE because of the community as well, but with such a huge change made by Lucas Arts and Sony players just couldn't justify paying 15 bucks a month just for the community.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli on Mon May 25, 2009 6:43 am

Foilole wrote:yer if its as good as it looks it should blow WOW away

i Still dont understand why WoW is considered "the benchmark" in MMORPGs, its filled with whiney 12 year olds, yes they may have sold 8 million copies over the years but im sure it would break down to something like

1+ million people
250k+ dual account holders
6.5+ million Gold farmers
3+ Red necks named cletus
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Mon May 25, 2009 6:45 am

Cletus has a computer?
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Mon May 25, 2009 7:39 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Cletus has a computer?

nope he calls it his "smart box" lol
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Mon May 25, 2009 11:44 am

Arashi wrote:I haven't played WoW, but to me it seems the main thing that has kept WoW so popular is that fact that the communities in WoW are very strong. From what I have seen and heard its not the greatest game, but everyone that has played for a long period of time seems to have stayed because of the guilds. I'm sure the game play and Blizzard not making any huge mistakes has helped that be possible. It seemed like SWG was gonna make it through the NGE because of the community as well, but with such a huge change made by Lucas Arts and Sony players just couldn't justify paying 15 bucks a month just for the community.

Thats precisley why I still play lotro.
Three times now i've wanted to quit, but have decided to stay because of my guildmates. However, once TOR actually comes out, i'm hoping most will migrate there, just so I wont have to leave my beloved kinnies (guild members).
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Mon May 25, 2009 2:04 pm

I think the reason WoW is so popular is how easy to play it is. The mechanics didn't seem too intense, and it was incredibly easy to reach high levels in no time at all when you compare it to other MMOs. In all of the PvP, you just needed to know a certain technique and you could win every round hands down. I can't tell you how many times my rogue did the same thing over and over and captured all 3 flags in a game of WSG. Once you get a pattern in that game, it's all over.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon May 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Three times now i've wanted to quit, but have decided to stay because of my guildmates. However, once TOR actually comes out, i'm hoping most will migrate there, just so I wont have to leave my beloved kinnies (guild members).

Maybe they could join us!
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Tue May 26, 2009 2:12 am

Arashi wrote:

Maybe they could join us!

Perhaps...

I'll be sure to mention it to them closer to the TOR release date.
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum