Current MMO?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Current MMO?

Post  Toranilor on Sun May 24, 2009 11:33 am

Hey there everyone.

Just thought i'd ask what, if any MMO you guys all play.

I myself have been playing LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) for two years, no MMOs before that.
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Re: Current MMO?

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sun May 24, 2009 11:36 am

well iv been playing WOW for the past two years. Before then I played SWG.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Phinaeus on Sun May 24, 2009 2:13 pm

the only one i have dabbled in is WoW. got up to lvl 30 if i remember correctly. i suppose i just didnt lie the WoW world setting as much as i like star wars. i used to collect the star wars part work magazine years ago. almost 10 years ago probably. and now with the development of settings and races and lore and history its all just so much more interesting. im really looking forward to it all. when is E3? i dont keep up with these things. i suppose we will learn more about the game then
Phinaeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole on Sun May 24, 2009 2:26 pm

well ive played Runescape which was awhile ago its pretty shit, and recently i did try trial for WOW but i dont think i want to waste my money playing it
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Sun May 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Phinaeus wrote:the only one i have dabbled in is WoW. got up to lvl 30 if i remember correctly. i suppose i just didnt lie the WoW world setting as much as i like star wars. i used to collect the star wars part work magazine years ago. almost 10 years ago probably. and now with the development of settings and races and lore and history its all just so much more interesting. im really looking forward to it all. when is E3? i dont keep up with these things. i suppose we will learn more about the game then

E3 is june the 2nd. So.. close...
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi on Tue May 26, 2009 4:33 am

I have played WoW off and on for the past few years, and did the trial for SWG recently.
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Tue May 26, 2009 5:18 am

Reicho Seitoshi wrote:I have played WoW off and on for the past few years, and did the trial for SWG recently.

nice...I have been doing the same also...It is so weird how no matter what you try to do to get off WOW you keep getting back on...Its like drugs lol
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk on Tue May 26, 2009 2:21 pm

I've been busy playing LoTRO, creeping on Elendilmir..
And have played WoW, AO... and a few others before..
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Phinaeus on Tue May 26, 2009 2:43 pm

in your guys opinion what is the next best mmo next to WoW. something that you guys play. LotRO? is that good? better than wow? im looking for a new game to play to tide me over till dragon age, star wars etc. need advice
Phinaeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Tue May 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Ultima online
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Tue May 26, 2009 3:38 pm

Phinaeus wrote:in your guys opinion what is the next best mmo next to WoW. something that you guys play. LotRO? is that good? better than wow? im looking for a new game to play to tide me over till dragon age, star wars etc. need advice

LotRO, in my opinion, is VERY good. Some of the endgame is a little lacking, but most of the problems with it are being fixed in the next update. PVP isn't terribly good, but PVE is supposedly without peer.
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Wed May 27, 2009 1:20 am

LotRO was better than WoW by a massive distance.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho on Wed May 27, 2009 1:43 am

Phinaeus wrote:in your guys opinion what is the next best mmo next to WoW. something that you guys play. LotRO? is that good? better than wow? im looking for a new game to play to tide me over till dragon age, star wars etc. need advice

LotRO well... I tried the trial, but I felt it was a too stereotype MMO. The interface looked too similar to WoW IMO and the combat system was nothing new to me. Not saying you shouldn't try it though!

I liked Eve Online (trial only) better. It was just so immersive! Really got the futuristic feeling in traveling in space through systems etc. The bad thing is that it takes sooo long getting leveled up or what they called it (in fact I'm not sure if I leveled up once). It is also quite complex but you get good tutorials in the beginning and a brilliant working help-chat.

I don't play any MMO currently (TOR really is my savior), I'm playing the FPS Battlefield 2 which I've played since it came out in 2005, with some bigger/smaller periods away. Now that's an addictive game I tell you.
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho on Wed May 27, 2009 1:45 am

[quote="Gatho"]

LotRO well... I tried the trial, but I felt it was a too stereotype MMO. The interface looked too similar to WoW IMO and the combat system was nothing new to me.

I liked Eve Online (trial only) better. It was just so immersive! Really got the futuristic feeling in traveling in space through systems etc. The bad thing is that it takes sooo long getting leveled up or what they called it (in fact I'm not sure if I leveled up once). It is also quite complex but you get good tutorials in the beginning and a brilliant working help-chat.

I don't play any MMO currently (TOR really is my savior), I'm playing the FPS Battlefield 2 which I've played since it came out in 2005, with some bigger/smaller periods away. Now that's an addictive game I tell you.

Last edited by Gatho on Thu May 28, 2009 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli on Wed May 27, 2009 2:08 am

Tried most of the big titles over the years including
SWG; WOW; EVE; FF11; EQ2; DDO; LOTRO; TR; AOC; WAR and SGW

favorites were
SWG (pre NGE)
DDO

currently playing
WAR
SGW(beta)

Give WAR a shot if your looking for some fun filler till TOR comes out, its probably one of the best built MMOs i have played to date, the structured instanced team based PvP makes it all the more fun. Normally i would rather punch myself in the balls than PvP largely because it ends up in hate /tells or some immature dribble like " i coulda pwned joo nubsauce. " in WAR you cannot speak to the opposite faction even in general chat

nothing like a 50 vs. 50 PvP battle to get the heart pumping >:}~

Last edited by Chilli on Wed May 27, 2009 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Wed May 27, 2009 2:11 am

Chilli wrote:Tried most of the big titles over the years including
SGW; WOW; EVE; FF11; EQ2; DDO; LOTRO; TR; AOC; WAR and SGW

favorites were
SWG (pre NGE)
DDO

currently playing
WAR
SGW(beta)

Give WAR a shot if your looking for some fun filler till TOR comes out, its probably one of the best built MMOs i have played to date, the structured instanced team based PvP makes it all the more fun. Normally i would rather punch myself in the balls than PvP largely because it ends up in hate /tells or some immature dribble like " i coulda pwned joo nubsauce. " in WAR you cannot speak to the opposite faction even in general chat

Yes, WAR has some brilliant ideas on the PVP front. However, I found the PVE too repetitive, most of the time I was just sitting around waiting for a Dwarf Tank to pop up for a PQ, or waiting for a PVP instance.
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Wed May 27, 2009 3:09 am

Since people are mentioning more than what they are currently playing I guess I can contribute. Currently I am not playing any MMO and the only one I've ever played is SWG. I loved the game pre NGE and Pre CU. I have seen a little of WoW, but never played. I couldn't get past the characters. I also didn't like the fact you had to raid to get the best gear. Or atleast that is what I was told.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Wed May 27, 2009 5:40 am

I've played SWG pre-NGE, WoW, City of Heroes/Villains, and a little bit of LOTRO. And I don't know if it counts, but I used to spend alot of time playing online text roleplaying games called MUSHs. Can't remember what the acronym stands for anymore.. like Multi User something or other. Required alot of imagination, but it was worth it when you could get some solid storylines going on. I also did beta testing for Auto Assault, which I thought was super badass. Reminded me of Twisted Metal a bit so I loved it, and it saddened me when it didn't last very long. Damn you NCSoft.

Other than SWG, CoH/CoV was my favorite... I'm a comic book fan so I really liked the idea of creating your own hero or villain and following a pretty decent storyline. Makes me want to give DC Universe a shot, but other than Batman and the Flash, I was always more of a Marvel, Darkhorse and Image type of guy.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk on Wed May 27, 2009 6:41 am

Satarel Vao wrote:And I don't know if it counts, but I used to spend alot of time playing online text roleplaying games called MUSHs.

I think the term you are looking for is.. MUD's =)
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Wed May 27, 2009 10:27 am

Ahhh text roleplaying. I could not ever get into those games. The roleplaying I liked was always on the game board like D&D, I just started playing one with my friends that was a cool star wars version of it.

Last edited by Jeme'Maer on Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Wed May 27, 2009 10:35 am

Rygal Blaqk wrote:
Satarel Vao wrote:And I don't know if it counts, but I used to spend alot of time playing online text roleplaying games called MUSHs.

I think the term you are looking for is.. MUD's =)

MUDs are different. A MUD you have a system to fight, level up, loot and stuff. MUSH is straight up nothing but text roleplaying. No stats or anything.. you've got a character, a history and a description.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk on Wed May 27, 2009 1:21 pm

Satarel Vao wrote:MUDs are different. A MUD you have a system to fight, level up, loot and stuff. MUSH is straight up nothing but text roleplaying. No stats or anything.. you've got a character, a history and a description.

Ah I see, as you can tell, I've never heard of them =)
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:59 am

Thought I would renew this thread. I'd like to meet some of you in the virtual world if possible.

Is anyone playing AOC or WAR currently? I'm not into WoW ... looking for something else to hold me over. I haven't played an MMO since I hit lvl 50 in EQ2 nearly 3 years ago :( .
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:55 am

Well I was playing WOW, but I decided to save for an x-box 360. It was either that or texting.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:59 am

Udumbara wrote:

Is anyone playing AOC or WAR currently? I'm not into WoW ... looking for something else to hold me over. I haven't played an MMO since I hit lvl 50 in EQ2 nearly 3 years ago :( .

have a crack at the 10 day trials, most of the Big name MMO's have them. Downside is 3+ gig a game, but worth a look

WAR
is Awesome / well made / fast paced and very PVP orientated, there is some really fun PVE content to

AoC
Most of the population left this game in disgust after it was launched to early to meet a deadline but the game was little more than 50% finished... wasn't even to beta standards really, so i think its a ghost town

my 2 republic credits :D
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum