KOTOR 1&2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

KOTOR 1&2

Post  Benson on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Hello people,

last week I tried to play KOTOR again. In this case it was KOTOR 2.

In the good old days I played on my X-box on my small tv. not even a flat one.

Now several years later, I rammed the disk in my 360. 360 starts crying for an update....
You need a %^$&^*%^ update for an old game...??? but ok, I updated my 360, the game starts up.

And.... CRAP my tv appears to be to awesome for the game.. He cant picture this game in wide screen or what ever setting i wanted. So I had to play with huge black boxes left and right of the screen...
On top of it all, the graphics sucked ass. And not because I was playing an old game..
Because of the bloody settings. Grabbed my old tv, compared it and the game looks better on my old crappy tv....

And now after all my whining, I just want to play it on my new stuff, because there is a reason the old stuff dous not stand in my livingroom anymore..
Anyone know how to play kotor on a plasma screen???

And for all you smart asses I want the graphics to be the same.
Benson

Back to top Go down

Re: KOTOR 1&2

Post  Toranilor on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Damn, I hope I dont have that problem... picking up KOTOR 1 and 2 to play on my 360 tommorow.. I'll let ya know if i have the same problem I guess..
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:13 pm

It works fine on a LCD but I don't think a Plasma has the same refresh rates as a LCD not worse just different.

Yes it looks amazing watching a movie and that is what its designed to do but I did remember reading somewhere about plasma and games.

This might help

http://www.plasmatelevisions.org/article/plasma-television-tips/gaming-on-a-plasma-tv-issues-and-problems.html
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:21 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:It works fine on a LCD but I don't think a Plasma has the same refresh rates as a LCD not worse just different.

Yes it looks amazing watching a movie and that is what its designed to do but I did remember reading somewhere about plasma and games.

This might help

http://www.plasmatelevisions.org/article/plasma-television-tips/gaming-on-a-plasma-tv-issues-and-problems.html

Just checked, my TV is LCD.. phew..
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Benson wrote:Hello people,

last week I tried to play KOTOR again. In this case it was KOTOR 2.

In the good old days I played on my X-box on my small tv. not even a flat one.

Now several years later, I rammed the disk in my 360. 360 starts crying for an update....
You need a %^$&^*%^ update for an old game...??? but ok, I updated my 360, the game starts up.

And.... CRAP my tv appears to be to awesome for the game.. He cant picture this game in wide screen or what ever setting i wanted. So I had to play with huge black boxes left and right of the screen...
On top of it all, the graphics sucked ass. And not because I was playing an old game..
Because of the bloody settings. Grabbed my old tv, compared it and the game looks better on my old crappy tv....

And now after all my whining, I just want to play it on my new stuff, because there is a reason the old stuff dous not stand in my livingroom anymore..
Anyone know how to play kotor on a plasma screen???

And for all you smart asses I want the graphics to be the same.

yeah thats why I cant play kotor 1&2 on my computer. My high performance gaming computer seems to be too good for it.lol
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:18 am

It works fine on my new tv...thank god. But try looking at the settings on your tv menu then try changing the video settings on your game to match the tv specifications. That might work or an auto reconfiguration.
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Calintus Alvazor on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:03 am

if you take a paper clip and a rubber band, and cram them in the Xbox CD tray, it will spit out candy, and make kotor work!!!! true story. then it will explode =(
Calintus Alvazor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:23 am

Calintus Alvazor wrote:if you take a paper clip and a rubber band, and cram them in the Xbox CD tray, it will spit out candy, and make kotor work!!!! true story. then it will explode =(

Liar!! Mine only exploded!!
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Calintus Alvazor on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:32 am

doh! the fine print said results may vary. my bad =(
Calintus Alvazor

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoon on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:42 am

Sorry Durm, I got skittles... And kotor worked lol
thedoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:42 am

Electronics and I have a love hate relationship.
They hate me.
I love breaking them for their disobedience.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Benson on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm

thats what I loved aboot my older tech. If it didn't work right you just gave it some hits and it worked again.... Even my old ghettoblaster that fell on concrete stopped working, I got mad kicked it a couple of times in furious rage and it started playing again..
(true story)
It even has a name... The ultimate metal blaster of death and destruction, of regeneration.
I added the regeneration after the incident.
It survived over a douzen festivals.

Ever tried to do that with your plasma screen?? ..... neither have I..... 2 afraid it breaks in a thousend pieces,..
Benson

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 pm

Bahn Durm wrote:Electronics and I have a love hate relationship.
They hate me.

I like your style, I seem to be able to work out the kinks with most electronics, but there are still those times where we don't get along.
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:28 am

Reicho Seitoshi wrote:
They hate me.

I like your style, I seem to be able to work out the kinks with most electronics, but there are still those times where we don't get along.

Careful with that though.... my parents still won't let me live down the fact that I busted our first computer by giving it "love taps" to make the CD-ROM work.
Now they laugh when I tell them I am going to work in computer electronics....
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoon on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:42 am

Bahn Durm wrote:
Reicho Seitoshi wrote:
They hate me.

Careful with that though.... my parents still won't let me live down the fact that I busted our first computer by giving it "love taps" to make the CD-ROM work.
Now they laugh when I tell them I am going to work in computer electronics....

Hahaha good ol' love taps. Nothing like the old Nintendos where you just blow the cartridge and slam it back in ha
thedoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi on Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:45 am

Yeah I remember when that was needed after a game had not been played for like half of a day.
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoon on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:03 pm

Just put in kotor II and had to update my 360 lol
thedoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Calintus Alvazor on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:54 pm

so, yeah, i tried to get more candy form my 360, but it only spit out a tab for 100$ this time >.< FML
Calintus Alvazor

Back to top Go down

Post  thedoon on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:32 am

lol glad that hasn't happened to me yet.
thedoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:04 am

I feel lucky I bought instore warranty at Gamestop. When I got the death sign they just switched harddrives and gave me a new one. I bought a cooling fan and have had zero problems.
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:11 am

Man, when I played KOTOR 2 on my 360 it was the worst game ever. Too long looking at loading screens, and half the time I couldn't get any sound other than voice overs. It was terribly weak. Framerate sketch too, so I had to bust out the ol original XBox and everything is smooth sailing now. Glad I didn't yardsale that thing. This was the past 3 days too.. I've been hibernating beating it light and dark side.

And I don't know about yours Skeeve, but I know my warranty is invalid and useless if I use a cooling fan. Mine is from Future Shop though.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:12 am

..then again, maybe it's just the Microsoft warranty, and the Future Shop one goes on for another two years after that regardles if I use a fan or not. I might have to check that out.. but I've had my 360 for a year and have never had a single problem. Guess I got one of the keepers?
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:14 am

Well my fan is external I can't see it voiding the warranty. Well actually I can see it doing that but anymore I only turn it on once in a blue moon to watch a movie.

I still blame Lucasarts for rushing KOTOR2 out before it was ready. Did you read what Obsidian had in mind for it? I think there is someone named Team Gizka trying to restore it.

Sounds like you and I both got one of the good ones.

Last edited by Skeevenmac on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add stuff)
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:20 am

I love KOTOR 2. Sure there are some things that could have been added, but I think it gets a bad rep just because it's always compared to number one. I mean, it was intense when you find out about Revan and everything.. really hard to compete with a story like that. But the influence system and the ability to make most humanoid characters into Jedi? That's just badass.

Kreia even states at the end that you were the one who rebuilt the Order after all Jedi but the Exile were wiped out, through your companions. So Bao-Dur, Atton, Visas, Mira, and Disciple/Handmaiden are really the future of the Order at the time. Sick. I hope they make some references to something like that in TOR, since the lightside version of KOTOR 2 is supposed to be canon.

Nothing like gaining high influence with Bao, making him a Jedi then turning to the dark side. Closest thing to Maul we'll see in an RPG... unless there are sith tats rocking in TOR.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeevenmac on Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:25 am

I never could get him to a jedi. Atton, Disciple/Handmaiden, and the others I could get. Oh well, I was looking forward to the HK droid factory.

Maybe we'll see statues of all of them in the Jedi Enclave on Tython. I would like to see some group quests looking for relics of dead jedi and sith. Holocrons, lightsabers, armor, and stuff like that.
Skeevenmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum