Engineer/tech class next? What are your speculations for new classes?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Engineer/tech class next? What are your speculations for new classes?

Post  Arashi Storm on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:35 am

Well I think its pretty much confirmed that is how the game will start out. From some things I have heard or read however its possible that as the game progresses and you complete your major quest I'm guessing you might be able to change factions, but that is so up in the air.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:34 am

Arashi wrote:Well I think its pretty much confirmed that is how the game will start out. From some things I have heard or read however its possible that as the game progresses and you complete your major quest I'm guessing you might be able to change factions, but that is so up in the air.

Sry to tell you, but Bioware has already stated that the faction you join, is the faction you stay in forever, no faction hopping.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:00 am

Can you point us to the source of that confirmation?
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:59 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Can you point us to the source of that confirmation?

arg. Give me some time to track down the article, it has been some time since I have seen it.

I found it news article

-- Second, no story content would ever cross factions. Star Wars is a story about good and evil -- it simply doesn’t make sense to have Jedi and Sith doing the same quests, answering the same calls to adventure, etc. Creating one batch of content for all Players would have been half the cost, taken half the time and solved any number of organizational headaches but it was simply the wrong choice from a storytelling perspective. Unique content for both sides was the only way to go—if a Player went all the way through the game playing a Jedi and then playing a Sith, he wouldn’t experience even one repeated piece of story content.

Which leads me to the third decision we made: No class would exist in both factions – at least at first. Each class gets its own story; no story content exists on both sides. If we did Bounty Hunters on both sides of the fence we’d have to write two different Bounty Hunter stories at the expense of a different class that was more iconic to the Republic. Was the idea of a Republic Bounty Hunter cool? Absolutely. But far less iconic than the Imperial aligned one and we had other Republic classes we wanted to get in there instead. At least for now…

After reading through this information again, I can understand how it can be read, by me thinking it meant no faction hopping (thinking obvious, PVP would be Chaotic with that happening all the time) and by other perceiving it as them having the ability to do such. Hopefully Bioware will clear this up.Because in all truth, this has started to confuse me, if I find more info Il show it.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:05 pm

I don't find it very confusing. To me it means that they want everyone to play all the way through the quests they have done for each class. After most players have done this they might open up the option for your character to do other things. One possibly being changing factions. But we that will be way down the road. I think they want players to know its not set in stone to be a bounty hunter and always be sith.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 pm

Arashi wrote:I don't find it very confusing. To me it means that they want everyone to play all the way through the quests they have done for each class. After most players have done this they might open up the option for your character to do other things. One possibly being changing factions. But we that will be way down the road. I think they want players to know its not set in stone to be a bounty hunter and always be sith.

I see what you mean, I am interested in the thought of having a quest where you either betray those around you, and join the sith, or you can stay loyal to your faction and help your buddies or vice versa. In truth I just think it would be chaotic to be given the option to change sides, unless there are only two ways to change factions, through betrayal, then redeemed status. Making sure that those that would abuse it by "faction hopping" over and over will not be able to do so. The thing is is that since there would be few times that your character could change faction, it would not really affect PVP at all, infact it would let others feel more immersion in the game to see what commonly happens in a war, people in the war defecting to the other side, hoping to join the side that is winning.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:59 am

Well, according to the "leaked" info, we get to be Jackson himself. :)
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:28 pm

They are obviously going to have a lot of characters slots, Bioware wants us to experience each class. Just a bit of information I thought I'd throw around.

Hm, I'm unsure whether even Bioware can pull of such a class like that Carlen, there can only be one Samuel L Jackson.
The dev's are playing with fire.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:26 pm

dont worry, Samuel Jackson will have his revenge, because anyone making a samuel Jackson character in the game, will immediately be controlled by Jackson himself.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:11 pm

I recently got my hold on Kotor one and two again in preparation for TOR and I noticed something in the game, I'm not sure if any one has noticed it as well, but when it comes to classes (and grouping the 3 separate Jedi tier into just Jedi/Sith) you end up pretty much with.

Jedi/Sith
Soldier
Scoundrel
Scout

Now I don't know if you've noticed it but a lot of the classes loosely already lines up with ToR's current Republic character reveals and I can't help but think that the sith side loosely counter balances the classes so that neither one-side is overpower, which lead me to think that is the classes are based upon Kotor systems, we're likely to end up with something like

Republic Side:
Jedi
Trooper (Soldier)
Smuggler (Scoundrel)
Spy or something alike. (Scout)

Sith Imperium Side:
Sith
Shocktroop or the like (Soldier). Me and some friends have a huge debate over weather the Bounty Hunter is suppose to counter-balance the Trooper or Smuggler, it is in my opinion that a Bounty Hunter isn't really a shoot it out tough guy type of character and is more closely related to the smuggler's cunning and ingenuity.
Bounty Hunter (Scoundrel)
Assassin or something alike (Scout)

Obviously I'm not an expert on the subject, nor do I have contacts within the dev team, nor am I force sensitive or something. This is all just a guestimation and speculation, simply something to think about.

Some people have been hoping for a pilot class or something like, but quite honestly I don't believe that ToR will ship with any kind of meaningful space system, apart from owning you own instanced ship where you can use to travel from planet to planet like Kotor or some kind of space mini-game (space battle via turret control). Hopefully I'm wrong, but if I'm not it pretty much rules out a Pilot class.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jano Vas on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 pm

If they drop a pilot class on us I just may wet myself with glee. However, I will not get my hopes up. I am a big fan of piloting and space content and what gives me hope is that they have not shot down piloting the way that they have shot down crafting and social professions.

For me, it does not even have to be space combat. I just want to be able to manually fly my ship from here to there. That is part of my Star Wars fantasy.

With that said, the next class reveal will be a Sith class or the forums will go crazy with "The devs love the Republic more!" posts if they reveal another Republic class.
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Reicho Seitoshi on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:46 pm

I bet they won't have a pilot class, instead it will be a mount type of thing. Like once you get to a certain level you can be able to pilot a ship or something like that.
Reicho Seitoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:23 pm

I agree with Reicho here. It would dumb to have only a specific class with the capability to have vehicles.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:03 am

Carlen Darko wrote:I agree with Reicho here. It would dumb to have only a specific class with the capability to have vehicles.

I can agree with that, but I was more thinking over as an engineer/tech class crossed over with the name 'pilot' so it seemed more Star Warsie sounding.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:13 am

Kevlar wrote:I recently got my hold on Kotor one and two again in preparation for TOR and I noticed something in the game, I'm not sure if any one has noticed it as well, but when it comes to classes (and grouping the 3 separate Jedi tier into just Jedi/Sith) you end up pretty much with.

Jedi/Sith
Soldier
Scoundrel
Scout

Now I don't know if you've noticed it but a lot of the classes loosely already lines up with ToR's current Republic character reveals and I can't help but think that the sith side loosely counter balances the classes so that neither one-side is overpower, which lead me to think that is the classes are based upon Kotor systems, we're likely to end up with something like

Republic Side:
Jedi
Trooper (Soldier)
Smuggler (Scoundrel)
Spy or something alike. (Scout)

Sith Imperium Side:
Sith
Shocktroop or the like (Soldier). Me and some friends have a huge debate over weather the Bounty Hunter is suppose to counter-balance the Trooper or Smuggler, it is in my opinion that a Bounty Hunter isn't really a shoot it out tough guy type of character and is more closely related to the smuggler's cunning and ingenuity.
Bounty Hunter (Scoundrel)
Assassin or something alike (Scout)

That is some interesting speculation, if you turn out to be right, I will ask to have you given the "man who figured it out" award
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:28 am

I'm hoping the counterbalance to the trooper will the the Mandalorian. They're so darn cool.
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:29 am

Toranilor wrote:I'm hoping the counterbalance to the trooper will the the Mandalorian. They're so darn cool.

I would like to have a mandolorian as my companion, that would be awesome.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:52 am

Heres my out look.

Republic-sith empire
jedi - dark jedi/sith
trooper - sith trooper we have all seen in comics and what not
smuggler -bounty hunter
unknown -unknown mabey healer, spy, engineer, officer, samuel L jackson..
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum