The Return of the Mandalorians

Go down

The Return of the Mandalorians

Post  Jeme'Maer on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:54 pm

The Keeper of the Jedi Archives has entered a new holorecord. Continuing his investigation, Master Gnost-Dural delves deeper into the history of the galaxy after discovering that the blockade that Hylo Visz helped end was a result of the actions of the new Mandalore.

BTC 8 – During a Republic resurgence in the Great War, a bold young warrior rose to fame in the Gladiatorial arenas on Geonosis. Adopting the ancient and infamous title of Mandalore, this young leader amassed an army of Mandalorian mercenaries and bounty hunters. The new Mandalore led his forces to form a blockade and challenge the Jedi Order, effectively turning the tide of the war back in the Sith Empire’s favor.

Watch the third Timeline holorecord, The Return of the Mandalorians, narrated by actor Lance Henriksen.

You can also download a high resolution version of this video.

Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Re: The Return of the Mandalorians

Post  Jano Vas on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:21 am

I love the journals. One of the best and most creative ways to update us on the lore.
Jano Vas

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:38 am

I agree, I love it.

Still though, I would have prefered a class or race or planet or space flight release.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:59 am

i do too, but this update is better than what has been shown in the last couple of weeks. I would have rather had a planet update.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:11 am

fantastic update! Looks like my prediction is spot on so far, Mandos are the Sith counter to Trooper, Bounty Hunter to Smuggler, Sith to Jedi.

Next it will be the Kotor Equiv of scout class, most likely some kind of scout/spy for Republic and and infiltrator or assassin class for Sith.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:02 am

AWESOME! I've been waiting for the next installment.

Thanks Jeme!
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:34 am

Well it certainly isn't surprising, the dev's are really interested into Mandalorians.
Thanks Jeme.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:19 am

well, considering that Mandos made a some what worthwhile appearance in Kotor 1 and 2, and one of your sidekicks was a mando, I really am not surprised really.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Nuuk on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:12 pm

MANDALORES ARE THE SPARTANS OF STAR WARS.
Master Nuuk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:36 pm

I am seriously glad that they have added the existence of mandalorians into TOR. Since they seem to add color to the game, giving their culture the ability to become shattered, then remade in a days time with just the appearance of the mandalore. I agree they are the spartans of star wars, they are almost a mix between a spartan, and a bloodthirsty bodyguard/mercenary.

This whole timeline video makes me believe that they are hinting to the next class, as they did with the smugglers.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Fantastic update, though I'm struggling between if they will be a class or not. Like Troopers are a profession and they therefore only do one thing. Mandos are a culture and that means different people doing different things. If they would be a class, then they would have to specialize in something just as all other classes. Or? Could they be a mix of all classes? What are your oppinions?

I'm not talking storywise as Mandalorians can have a great and unique storyarc because of their sight of fighting and honour. But combat-wise? How would they be unique in that way? Or perhaps they won't?

Here's some thinking I had before I came up with what i wrote above:

In KotOR we encountered a lot of stealthed Mandos. You often got, unprepared, surrounded by 4-5 Mandos engaging you in melee combat.

In K2 you could have unarmed practise fights with them. When you didn't, there were two spots where they stood and practised against each other unarmed/melee. We of course also saw through the two games Mandalorians using ranged weapons. But there is really nothing they don't use. Unarmed, swords, guns and pistols, explosives, stealthed, all that we saw in KotOR 1 and 2 (and that's where the whole society comes in, all Mandos are doing different things, which you who have played K2 saw at the Mando Camp).
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Master Nuuk wrote:MANDALORES ARE THE SPARTANS OF STAR WARS.

Yea I got the same feeling.

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:50 am

I see Mando as a race not a class
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:26 am

I think they would make a huge mistake trying to say Mandalorians are a class. If I remember correctly there actually use to be a Mandalorian race, but in this setting the Mandalorian way of life is what makes them unique. Mandalorians started adopting people from all different races to train them in their way of life. The Republic Commando book series has a lot of cool info on Mandalorian culture.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:55 am

There always could be an ethnicity or culture choice when you create your character, i.e you could be a human born in Tatooine, or Coruscant, and like in Mass Effect, you could choose a sort of background.
You could have a Mandalorian background of some sort.
Just some out loud thoughts really.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:36 am

In all truth, I just want them to have the mandalorians as an NPC faction, rather than a class itself. It would make more sense to create a class to rival the trooper, like a sith commando, which they have also hinted, though not as frequently as the mandalorian.

I agree with you Tyren, It would probably satisfy everyone if you were given the choice to have a mandalorian background rather than playing as a mandalorian class itself. I would rather that you could become an honorary mandalorian during the game.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:23 am

The Mandos would be a good counter to the trooper. I'm just giddy with excitement anytime they release new information.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Yeah okey, perhaps I was too fixed on that the last timeline were all about the Smugglers, which told us a lot before they we're announced. We will see.
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:22 pm

I am starting to think that the dev's are playing with our minds. First they show the timeline with the smuggler, than the smuggler is shown as a playable class. So what will happen to us if they do not make the mandalorians as a playable class?
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:42 am

We will rejoice?

As far as I am concerned Mandalorian is an organisation based on culture and honor and to me doesn't fit into any of the normal catagories like race/class - it really stands on its own.

Being made up of multiple species stops them from being a race.

And as a people they take on other proffesions (classes) mostly Mercenary and Bounty Hunter work.

For obvious reasons the Bounty Hunter class takes on some of the Mandalorian people.

Perhaps Bounty Hunter mirrors the Smuggler class? And a new Mercenary class will mirror the Republic Trooper?

That would make more sense to me then having a Mandalorian class.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum