Fan Friday and Summer Events Schedule

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fan Friday and Summer Events Schedule

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:20 am

This Fan Friday includes details for our upcoming conventions and spotlights from the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community! Don’t forget to participate in the latest poll and check out our new forum avatars.

TOR at GamesCom and Penny Arcade Expo
Star Wars: The Old Republic will be will be bringing the power of the Force to two more conventions this year, GamesCom (Cologne, Germany; August 19-24 ) and Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) (Seattle, Washington; September 4 – 6). During the conventions, the team we will be showcasing the first public gameplay demo as well as giving away Star Wars™ goodies to attendees. Stop by the community cantina and hang out with some of the members of the Star Wars: The Old Republic team.
www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/na/na_20090724_fanfriday_131x99.jpg" alt="" />

If you can’t make the shows, don’t worry! We will have the gameplay demo footage available to the community on our official website. To stay up-to-date on The Old Republic’s conventions this summer, visit the Community Events page!

Star Wars Fan Art
The TOR Community continues to amaze us with their talent, and RiaStarchild is no exception. Check out these gorgeous Star Wars and anime-inspired art from Ria’s Star Wars Pics thread. Ria says she started drawing a long time ago, and her newer drawings are usually her own creations or requests from friends and or forum users. You can also see more of Ria’s artwork on her deviantArt page and The World of MeRioS website.

Star Wars Fan Fiction
Throughout the years, fans have been inspired by Star Wars to create intriguing fiction and roleplaying opportunities. ArikVandar initiated a roleplaying story, Insurrection, which focuses on the planet of Onderon. The Onderon citizens are uprising against the recent takeover of the Sith Empire. Rumors say that the Jedi may be behind the rebellion and the Empire is sending out a task force to squelch the citizens.

You can enjoy reading Insurrection and other Star Wars fan fiction in the Roleplay and Play-by-Play forum.

New Official Poll Released
Do you consider yourself one of the gaming “elders”? Are you new to online gaming and still trying to figure out what “aggro” and “DOT” mean? Head over to the Surveys and Polls and discuss your gaming history with the rest of the community.

New Avatars Released
Last but not least, we have more new avatars! After popular request, we’ve added a group of new avatars to characterize your forum persona. Enjoy!

www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/bountyhunter01.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/bountyhunter02.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/bountyhunter03.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/smuggler01.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/smuggler02.jpg" alt="" />
www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/trooper05.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/avatar113.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/avatar114.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/avatar115.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/avatar116.jpg" alt="" />
www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/avatar117.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/avatar118.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/avatar119.jpg" alt="" />www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/avatars/avatar120.jpg" alt="" />

Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Re: Fan Friday and Summer Events Schedule

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:22 am

yay, they have more nautolans!
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:37 am

That third one looks nice....
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:58 am

Yay jawa avatars! "OOTINI"
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:30 am

Nice avatar additions. I'm glad to see wookies up there!
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:51 am

yeah that third one looks like the BH from the decieved video
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Nice i like the new character pics
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:04 pm

I changed my AV to that third one actually. Not bad for an update, but I think that the last update spoiled me =P
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:26 pm

um... when are we going to get more Kel Dor avatars?
%^&*@^&$%#@#&$&$%!
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Bahn Durm wrote:um... when are we going to get more Kel Dor avatars?
%^&*@^&$%#@#&$&$%!

Kel Dor all the way.
At least there are a lot of good trooper ones out.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Foilole on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:02 pm

%^&*@^&$%#@#&$&$%!

Dont all Kel Dors look the same?
Foilole

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:06 pm

Foilole wrote:
%^&*@^&$%#@#&$&$%!

Dont all Kel Dors look the same?

There can never be too many Kel Dor's though in my biased opinion.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:05 am

well, I guess you could put a different costume on the Kel Dor, but his face will still look the same, it has to be the mask that makes them look so alike.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:57 am

Actually the masks on Kel Dors tend to be quite different, like the lekku bands of a Twilek or the tattoos of a Iridonian.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen Qaatil on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:58 pm

I want a Yoda avatar.. ^_^ But come to think of it.. I don't even know what race he is.. Shame on me.. T_T
Jen Qaatil

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:19 am

Jen Qaatil wrote:I want a Yoda avatar.. ^_^ But come to think of it.. I don't even know what race he is.. Shame on me.. T_T

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoda%27s_species
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:03 am

Three different Jawa outfits, but not a single male twi'lek. Weak.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 am

Jen Qaatil wrote:I want a Yoda avatar.. ^_^ But come to think of it.. I don't even know what race he is.. Shame on me.. T_T

No one does and Lucas has not intention of giving Yoda a species. I suppose he wants Yoda to remain mysterious.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:36 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:

No one does and Lucas has not intention of giving Yoda a species. I suppose he wants Yoda to remain mysterious.

It is probably for the best, considering that he wouldnt be special if he were a common species.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Though on Kotor 1 there is another Jedi Master who is clearly of the same species of Yoda, so I guess he is not completely unique. Vodo or something was his name.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Jedi Master Vandar Tokare.
They are a rare species....Yaddle, Vandar and Yoda are the only known members of them, and they all have powerful capabilities and mentality with the force.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:50 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:Jedi Master Vandar Tokare.
They are a rare species....Yaddle, Vandar and Yoda are the only known members of them, and they all have powerful capabilities and mentality with the force.

Edit: On further research I found out there is also another one called Minch.....
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:42 pm

actually on second thought, this latest update pissed me off =P I wanted more footage on game play. hehehe

New avatars? psh! We demand more footage! Personally, I want a look at smuggler game play and bounty hunter game play.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Toranilor on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:04 am

Yoda is a Yoda. That's all there is to say. There was master someone or other in KOTOR that was a yoda, but he diddnt say what race he was..
Toranilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:22 am

All there is to say on Yoda's species is that there was supposed to be a card in the starwars trading card game some years back, it had a bunch of his kind worshipping an idol that looked like them.

Unfortunately Lucas put the chains on that card, getting rid of the card, keeping further mystery on Yoda's race.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum