So I just invested into swtor

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: So I just invested into swtor

Post  Nico Gaborik on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:18 pm

Arashi wrote:Well I got my Antec 1200 case in today! So the long road of building my new PC has begun. This case is massive. I had to hide it in the spare bed rooms closet so I won't be tempted to buy the rest of the hardware I need to get it up and running. But I'll list what I plan on getting, or at least my wish list for now.

case - Antec 1200(have)
MOBO - Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm
Processor - i7 920
RAM - probably OCZ gaming RAM
HDD - hoping the SSD's will drop in price so I can run RAID 0
Video - GTX 285 OC(have)
PSU - probably BFG, but undecided on size and maker
Monitor - mainly just a decent 20" with a 2ms response, might run two

I currently have a 4 year old dell with a Pentium 4 3.2GHz processor, 2 GB RAM, Nvidia 6800 and I have an Alienware laptop Intel dual core at 2.5GHz, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia 8700M GT. I probably shouldn't be building one, but I have been wanting to for a while now and I figured TOR was a good reason to. I just hope I have the money to finish it sometime in the next six months or so.
I'd be angry if your games crashed :)
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:50 pm

Someone oughta make a thread for computer specs and talk like this.
As long as you all don't be too anal or spec wh*re too much, as in the end, it's seriously not that big of a deal.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Wow, that's an awesome setup! The 1200 is a nice case, I had a hard decision between that and the HAF 932. Having RAID 0 with SSD's would be just incredible! I would love to get the i7 920 and then OC it like mad, but I'm undecided. I've always been an AMD + ATI guy so I might just get one of the newer AMD cores coming out later this year (the 965 is out this month @ 3.4GHz). By boxing day, I plan to get the new SB850/RD890 chipset (SATA 3 :D), and I believe the new Radeon 5000 series will be out later this year so I would love to get one of those, they are suppose to have huge improvements compared to the 4000 series.

I'm a pretty big fan of Nvidia myself, though I have nothing against ATI really. I have just never owned one of their cards. I was set on getting an AMD processor until my friend had me read a review on the i7's done by Guru3d.com. They compared all three new i7's and an AMD processor. The i7's performance was amazing. People are over clocking the i7 920's up to to and over 4GHz with ease. Since the i7 extreme is 800 dollars more expensive than the 920 I figured I would try the 920 and hope for a good batch so I can OC it to about 4GHz. All the reviews I have been reading on the i7 so far are saying its overclocking like crazy.

That HAF 932 is awesome. I'm glad I didn't see it when I was looking through cases cause it would have made deciding what to buy a whole lot harder.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:20 am

I don't like the fact that ATI uses .net to install its drivers, wtf is the point of that.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:56 am

CPU - intel core 2 duo @ 2.8Ghz
RAM - 4gb ddr2 @ 800Mhz
GPU - ATI HD 4350 512mb
mobo - no idea, pretty cheap and nasty i would think..

its a completely stock pc at the moment, i will however add rather large upgrades to it over the course of the summer
e.g Xfire a couple of ATI 5870's (time to break the bank)
8GB RAM
need to find a compatable mobo though Confused
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Darka on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:08 am

yeah i have bout $3 to 4K set aside for a cpu right now, but registered for testing on my current laptop, so we will see. Up grading closer to release
Darka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum