Unmasking the Sith Warrior!

Go down

Unmasking the Sith Warrior!

Post  Delyn on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:39 am

Drawing upon the power of the dark side, the Sith Warrior strikes enemies down with unrelenting might, commands the battlefield with absolute authority, and rises to greatness amongst fearful followers. Victory and conquest are the Sith Warrior’s destiny.

Access the HoloNet to learn more about the Sith Warrior class and view combat videos and screenshots. Pledge your allegiance to the dark side by outfitting your desktop with our Sith Warrior wallpapers.
www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/classes/sith-warrior/images/ss2_131x99.gif" alt="" />
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Re: Unmasking the Sith Warrior!

Post  Udumbara on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:27 am

All the Sith Warrios in the trailer were wearing simple black robes over their suits of armor, which is way cool IMO, but everything on the site shows stupid Vader spin-off's that make them look like a trooper with lightsabers. It also says that Sith Warriors have "no compunction about donning heavy and intimidating suits and armors." Suits AND armors? Isn't it suits OF armor, or are they going to trance around in a nice 3-piece? HA! Also, if you watch the trailer, you will notice the Jedi's are wearing weird armor under their robes as well. Seems goofy to me. Why would Jedis 3000 years before the movies be more technologically advanced? Neither Jedi nor Sith wear any armor in the movies until Vader comes along. I'm not a fan of their look in this game at all ... I really hope they don't "force" you to wear that junky stuff by making the best items all armor-related. Just a simple robe should be enough for one strong in the force. That's my two-cents.
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:16 am

Udumbara wrote:All the Sith Warrios in the trailer were wearing simple black robes over their suits of armor, which is way cool IMO, but everything on the site shows stupid Vader spin-off's that make them look like a trooper with lightsabers. It also says that Sith Warriors have "no compunction about donning heavy and intimidating suits and armors." Suits AND armors? Isn't it suits OF armor, or are they going to trance around in a nice 3-piece? HA! Also, if you watch the trailer, you will notice the Jedi's are wearing weird armor under their robes as well. Seems goofy to me. Why would Jedis 3000 years before the movies be more technologically advanced? Neither Jedi nor Sith wear any armor in the movies until Vader comes along. I'm not a fan of their look in this game at all ... I really hope they don't "force" you to wear that junky stuff by making the best items all armor-related. Just a simple robe should be enough for one strong in the force. That's my two-cents.

It bothers me a bit as well. The Star Wars universe is not perfectly cohesive. The movies portray jedi as never wearing armor. Vader had a suite, but it wasn't an armored suite. It was to protect his body from all the damage he sustained. I'm not saying it didn't have any armor at all on it, but it wasn't a suite of armor.

So now they throw the clone wars series out there with Jedi wearing armor. It seems now that I see a lot of talk about how when the galaxy was at war force users wore armor. That might be true to some degree. Very light and unrestrictive would make sense. I liked how in KOTOR you could wear armor, but if it was heavy enough it would restrict your use of the force and restrict movement. It seemed that the Bounty Hunter, wearing a full suite of heavy armor, could run just as fast as the Sith Warrior. This to me makes perfect sense but it seems like Bioware is not gonna go with this. Though we still don't have enough information to know exactly how its gonna work.

They have a difficult task trying to make a Star Wars MMO that everyone will be happy with. Hopefully it will turn out nice.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho on Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:56 pm

I reckon you'll have the option (and benefits) not to wear armor as a force user. Meanwhile if you want a little more defense (and a little less offense) you take an extra pad or two. We've seen mostly force users wearing armor but that doesn't mean that there ain't nothing of the simpler robes and such. More like they just want to show off Jedi in armor because Jedi in robes are nothing new. Like what their doing with all the talk about story.

Arashi, your movement didn't actually got lower when wearing heavy armor in KotOR? Perhaps you meant that Force Run just got blocked?
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:42 pm

pretty much all the passive abilities in KoToR were blocked when wearing armour, like speed, valour, force absorption etc.
you could still use the active ones though, lightning, choke etc. (probably why when you fought high level sith they dropped armour)

the only examples of jedi wearing armour i've seen (outside of ToR) was obi wan and whinikin skywalker in the clone wars animated series.

and if you have a look at the designs of the armour itself its seems that only the low level stuff is crappy and bulky looking.
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:42 pm

Gatho wrote:I reckon you'll have the option (and benefits) not to wear armor as a force user. Meanwhile if you want a little more defense (and a little less offense) you take an extra pad or two. We've seen mostly force users wearing armor but that doesn't mean that there ain't nothing of the simpler robes and such. More like they just want to show off Jedi in armor because Jedi in robes are nothing new. Like what their doing with all the talk about story.

Arashi, your movement didn't actually got lower when wearing heavy armor in KotOR? Perhaps you meant that Force Run just got blocked?

In KOTOR your movement does not decrease by wearing armor. However in some games it does and I feel like it should cause it makes the game more realistic. However if I was wearing armor I would probably be upset I was running slower than everyone else without. I would like to see the game as realistic to the EU as possible.

Not all force powers were blocked from armor, but several were. In KOTOR force lightning was blocked by wearing armor. I was playing just yesterday and couldn't use lightning till I took the armor off.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:41 pm

that one class I've no compulsion to play, but I think it definitely suits the majority of sith personalities out there.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Thalos on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:49 am

Double light sabor and hardcore dps jedi fits my profession.
Thalos

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

All I can say is that this class is a brute. The only thing I can think about when I see this character is a caveman mercilessly beating an animal with his club. All in all, I approve of this class, it adds to the whole Sith idea of either being strong or dead.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:38 am

Arashi wrote:
In KOTOR your movement does not decrease by wearing armor. However in some games it does and I feel like it should cause it makes the game more realistic. However if I was wearing armor I would probably be upset I was running slower than everyone else without. I would like to see the game as realistic to the EU as possible.

Not all force powers were blocked from armor, but several were. In KOTOR force lightning was blocked by wearing armor. I was playing just yesterday and couldn't use lightning till I took the armor off.

Aye I understand then =)

What exactly does EU stand for though? Is it something similar to canon or...
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:56 am

What exactly does EU stand for though? Is it something similar to canon or...

It stands for Expanded Universe. It pretty much means the books and canon.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:01 am

I think the Sith Warrior looks pretty sweet. I do, however, hope they will make the skill tree's similar to KOTOR where you can choose "dark side" or "light side" powers no matter what faction you choose. Though I don't think it will be like KOTOR.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum