Classes

Go down

Classes

Post  Joryzion on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:17 am

Anyone heard what the other our classes will be?
avatar
Joryzion


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Satarel Vao on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Only one I can think of to add out of what information has been given would be something like a Spy, which could be the female Twi'lek in that awesome cinematic.
avatar
Satarel Vao


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Tyren Vaal on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:03 pm

I'd like to see some Mechanic or Engineer class, maybe a 'Pilot'.
avatar
Tyren Vaal


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Rusic Terron on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Satarel Vao wrote:Only one I can think of to add out of what information has been given would be something like a Spy, which could be the female Twi'lek in that awesome cinematic.

She was revealed to be a smuggler since she had the ability to take cover.

I agree with Tyren, Mechanic/engineer class seems most likely.
avatar
Rusic Terron


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Satarel Vao on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Whaaat, that's brutal. Why was a Republic class storming a Jedi temple with two clearly Sith classes.
avatar
Satarel Vao


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Arashi Storm on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:56 am

Satarel Vao wrote:Whaaat, that's brutal. Why was a Republic class storming a Jedi temple with two clearly Sith classes.

No way she was a smuggler.
avatar
Arashi Storm


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Rusic Terron on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 am

Arashi wrote:No way she was a smuggler.

The video make's a good point:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt-pop-block-star-wars/51660
avatar
Rusic Terron


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Kevlar on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:52 am

I say that the Twi-lek is probably a smuggler and the video is not reflective on actual in-game factional mechanics.

Or she is the Sith Equivalent of the smuggler class, oh wait a sec... thats bounty-hunter...

hmm...

<ponders>
avatar
Kevlar


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Jacan Na'al on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:55 am

We don't know for certain how the classes are mirrored (or if they are mirrored at all).

My current guess is as you mentioned Kev - The video doesnt represent actual gameplay.

A complete long-shot is faction switching... but I'd be dreaming there.
avatar
Jacan Na'al


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Delyn on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:25 pm

plus the way the talk it up was that the bounty hunter was the mirror of the trooper anyways
avatar
Delyn


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Jacan Na'al on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:37 pm

To be completely honest I don't see any significant parallels between ANY classes so far.

Consider this, we still have two classes on each side to be revealed. If I was bioware I would have the first four classes as the 'new things' and reveal their mirrored counterpoints later.

I imagine we are still going to see an Empire Trooper (ala Storm Trooper styles), a Jedi of course to counter the Sith Warrior, some sort of specialised weapons unit to mirror the bounty hunter and finally some stealth/cover unit to mirror the smuggler.
avatar
Jacan Na'al


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Beadle on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 pm

Engineer would be interesting, would it have droid pets? would droids be a playable race for some classes? e.g. IG-88 as a bounty hunter.

Personally I don't see the problem with a traitor Smuggler and I hope faction switching is a possibility.
avatar
Beadle


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Tyren Vaal on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Beadle wrote:Engineer would be interesting, would it have droid pets? would droids be a playable race for some classes? e.g. IG-88 as a bounty hunter.

Personally I don't see the problem with a traitor Smuggler and I hope faction switching is a possibility.

Your companions through side quests could fit those roles maybe, you could possibly have even a little remote droid with small ion blasters of some sort. Maybe it can be build able?

If any form of flying is available they should have some role or importance in the game with this.
avatar
Tyren Vaal


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:18 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:
Beadle wrote:Engineer would be interesting, would it have droid pets? would droids be a playable race for some classes? e.g. IG-88 as a bounty hunter.

Personally I don't see the problem with a traitor Smuggler and I hope faction switching is a possibility.

Your companions through side quests could fit those roles maybe, you could possibly have even a little remote droid with small ion blasters of some sort. Maybe it can be build able?

If any form of flying is available they should have some role or importance in the game with this.

No they should not.
All classes should be able to pilot a ship, can you imagine the uproar if your Trooper or Jedi could not do this...
avatar
Quinlan Sa'athis


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:16 am

I think there won't be ship-flying in TOR, you will have your own ship, but it will be an instanced zone, like the Ebon-Hawk on Kotor, which you use to travel from planet to planet when you acquire their hyperspace coordinates etc.
avatar
Kevlar


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Bahn Durm on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:35 am

Kevlar wrote:I think there won't be ship-flying in TOR, you will have your own ship, but it will be an instanced zone, like the Ebon-Hawk on Kotor, which you use to travel from planet to planet when you acquire their hyperspace coordinates etc.
This sounds about right.

Like several others think, I believe that they will have "mirrored" classes between the factions.
Sith Warrior - Jedi Warrior/Guardian/Knight/Whatever
Sith Soldier - Trooper
Spy - Smuggler
Bounty Hunter - Tech Specialist (or something to that effect)

All-in-all, it doesn't matter, just yet. The speculation can only lead to disappointment when they do announce the remaining classes. So, we should be careful about doing so.
I just hope they don't screw up the Jedi =P
avatar
Bahn Durm


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Kevlar on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:58 pm

I just thought of this, imagine if one of the sith classes was battle droid. That would be kind of neat =P haha. Upgrade your parts as you level! =)
avatar
Kevlar


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:15 am

I found a couple interviews on Darth Hater. I'll post them below. In one of the interviews there was a question asking will there be two or four force user classes. They didn't want to reveal anything but they ended up saying there will be multiple force using classes. I guess I will hold my tongue and see how it turns out.

http://darthhater.com/2009/09/05/interview-with-donna-prior/
http://darthhater.com/2009/09/05/interview-with-dallas-dickinson/
http://darthhater.com/2009/09/04/day-1-developer-qa-session-full-audio/

There are several interviews
avatar
Arashi Storm


Back to top Go down

Re: Classes

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum