The Empire Changes Strategy

Go down

The Empire Changes Strategy

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:15 am

Jedi Master Gnost-Dural has entered a new holorecord in the Jedi Archive. After a thorough analysis of the evidence, Master Gnost-Dural has discovered that the Mandalorians’ return to the galaxy and alliance with the Sith was no coincidence—it was the result of years of shadowy machinations by the sinister agents of Imperial Intelligence.

BTC 14 – Frustrated by a series of Republic military victories, the Empire began exploring alternative strategies in its drive to conquer the galaxy. Despite the tantalizing offers of Imperial Diplomats, members of the galaxy’s notorious underworld refused to swear allegiance to the Sith Empire. Thus, Imperial Intelligence began laying the groundwork to win the underworld’s loyalty through other means. Infiltrating the gladiatorial arenas of Geonosis, Imperial agents fixed the fights to cultivate the rise of a new Mandalore—an Imperial puppet who would call forth some of the galaxy’s most proud and independent warriors to unknowingly aid in the Empire’s dark designs.

Watch the fourth Timeline holorecord, The Empire Changes Strategy, narrated by actor Lance Henriksen.

Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Re: The Empire Changes Strategy

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:18 am

Perhaps the Sith Empire will get Imperial Intelligence agents as a class?
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:10 am

I loved this, I agree also, they are practically pointing in a large neon sign that the empire is going to have "imperial intelligence" as a class.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:32 am

It was a good update. I almost felt like it was a class reveal instead of a timeline video.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:41 am

Or like some have guessed in the past perhaps the class will be 'Imperial Spy'.

I can imagine that sort of class being the counter-class to the smuggler with cover and stealth as major functions of their arsenal.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:34 am

I'm not sure about an official spy, it sounds like its possible, but more telling this latest release pretty much proves that one of the playable sith classes will be Mandolorian.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:08 am

I didn't get that impression at all, what made you think that now?

Personally a mandalorian class makes no sense for a few reasons, one of the more prominent ones being the bounty hunter class, most mandalorians work as bounty hunters and mercenaries so it appears covered.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatho on Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Nice update, I as well believe Imperial Agent to be a class. And the New Mandalore sure looks beefy, hope he just isn't one of those big badass bosses with a two decimetre thick sword that you encounter in an instance or something. But more like you actually going to be able to interact with him, like in K2 with Canderous.
Gatho

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Well with the release of this video, I'm sure the empire will get some kind of intelligence operative.
When the older video (with the smuggler) came out it was only a short time before they announced there class. I have a feeling they will do the same with this one.
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:19 am

Kevlar wrote:I'm not sure about an official spy, it sounds like its possible, but more telling this latest release pretty much proves that one of the playable sith classes will be Mandolorian.

I don't see Mandalorian being a playable class. Mandalorians are more of a race.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:56 am

Arashi wrote:
Kevlar wrote:I'm not sure about an official spy, it sounds like its possible, but more telling this latest release pretty much proves that one of the playable sith classes will be Mandolorian.

I don't see Mandalorian being a playable class. Mandalorians are more of a race.

True there was a mandalorian race(or species if that is what you meant), but around this time the mandalorian has become more of a way of life than that of an actual people.

this is a quick history on the
Taung (or mandalorians) this should help you understand how easily they could be a class rather than a race itself.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:29 am

I'm thinking Imperial Agent as a class with perhaps more specifically Mandalorian companions for them.
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:40 am

True there was a mandalorian race(or species if that is what you meant), but around this time the mandalorian has become more of a way of life than that of an actual people.

this is a quick history on the
Taung (or mandalorians) this should help you understand how easily they could be a class rather than a race itself.

Species = A common definition is that of a group of organisms capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring of both genders, and separated from other such groups with which interbreeding does not (normally) happen. Other definitions may focus on similarity of DNA or morphology.

Race = I couldn't find a definition that really said what I was looking for, so when I say race I mean a group of people that are culturally the same.

The Taung were a species that started the Mandalorian race. I call the Mandalorians a race because they no longer are made up of one species, but many. However they share a unique war driven culture.

It is very possible Mandalorians could be made a class, however in my opinion it makes absolutely no sense because a class would define all Mandalorians as a certain profession. Mandalorians are simply warriors. A lot become bounty hunters but they are not tied to one profession. They could be smugglers, Imperial spies, troopers, or even force users. So to me it doesn't make sense to see them as a class.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 am

Even WITH what Arashi said (which I 100% fully agree on,) it doesn't stop the influx of people on the SWTOR forums who still whine and whine about having a Mandalorian playable class.

I'm thinking they will just implement something like LOTRO or Mass Effect has, where you choose your past history or where you come from (like if your a Bree-lander or whatever,)
then change the storyline a little bit or something along those lines. Bioware is reaching very high, so I wouldn't be surprised with what they do.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Nico Gaborik on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:29 pm

I'd think they'd make a Manadalorian as a playable race rather than class
Nico Gaborik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: