Re: Tor Destination possibility's?

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:58 am

alderran...alderaan...Alderaan!!
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:37 am

That gives us a lot to think about.
I'm still among the people who want Tatooine in it even though there are 100 reasons why it shouldn't be.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:16 am

Tyren Vaal wrote:That gives us a lot to think about.
I'm still among the people who want Tatooine in it even though there are 100 reasons why it shouldn't be.
Are you kidding me? They will have to have Tatooine, so the smuggler class can have a starting point.
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 am

Rusic Terron wrote:
Are you kidding me? They will have to have Tatooine, so the smuggler class can have a starting point.

The smuggler already has his starting point...he's going to start off in Ord Mantell with the trooper.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:54 pm

This game is gonna be epic!! =D
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:
Rusic Terron wrote:

The smuggler already has his starting point...he's going to start off in Ord Mantell with the trooper.

LAME! He should start on Tatooine, It makes the most sense don't you think?
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Valiant on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Rusic Terron wrote:
Tyren Vaal wrote:
Rusic Terron wrote:

LAME! He should start on Tatooine, It makes the most sense don't you think?

It makes the most sense in the movie timeline. But you forget its 10000000 years in the past. civilizations change, things get built, others gets destoryed.
Just one town on Tatooine Mos Esly that place seems old and run down to me, but in this time line it could be brand spanking new :P if it has even been built yet.

Valiant

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:08 am

Valiant wrote:It makes the most sense in the movie timeline. But you forget its 10000000 years in the past. civilizations change, things get built, others gets destoryed.
Just one town on Tatooine Mos Esly that place seems old and run down to me, but in this time line it could be brand spanking new :P if it has even been built yet.
Agreed.
Besides, like it was stated earlier, there several reasons for Tatooine to not be used in the game, one of which being that it is several over-used. Granted that's where the whole Star Wars Saga first shows up, but something with a bit more unfamiliar ground on it to get us interested.
If anything, it should be part of an expansion pack. Savvy?

P.S. DORIN!!!
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Delyn on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:56 am

not lame.

remember tattooine in the KoToR games? it was just some little czerka corp outposts, that kept getting destroyed by the sand people. i dont actually think anyione had settled there yet

though why you'd want to is beyond me...
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:20 am

Delyn wrote:not lame.

remember tattooine in the KoToR games? it was just some little czerka corp outposts, that kept getting destroyed by the sand people. i dont actually think anyione had settled there yet

though why you'd want to is beyond me...

Also keep in mind that this is 400 hundred years after the event's of Revan and about 200 years after the exile (I think that's right) so many thing's could have happen in that amount of time.

Anyway, enough about Tatooine. Any other thought's about other planet's they "Might" put in?
I agree with Jeme'Maer, Alderaan would be a beautiful planet to see and walk in.
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Chilli on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:38 am

Planets are cool and all the designers go nuts with all the eye candy like bugs; flowers etc etc. but how about a big dirty; greasy run down space station or small asteroid colony for a change of pace. and leave the big outdoorsy planets for higher level content

would love to see what these guys do with Kashyyak (spelling? wookie home world)
Chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:07 am

Meh instead of falling off cliffs in AoC we will be falling out of trees.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:49 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Meh instead of falling off cliffs in AoC we will be falling out of trees.

I hope not. Bounty hunters are supposed to fly, and if a force user fell off a cliff ... well that's just dumb ... but if one did, then they could use their force fall-long-distances-and-not-get-hurt power!
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:17 am

Udumbara wrote:
Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Meh instead of falling off cliffs in AoC we will be falling out of trees.

I hope not. Bounty hunters are supposed to fly, and if a force user fell off a cliff ... well that's just dumb ... but if one did, then they could use their force fall-long-distances-and-not-get-hurt power!

I'd like to see some mountains and high up places in TOR. Also a lot of caves and tunnels.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:08 pm

think about how long it would take to get around...
Would totally love a speeder mount :D
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:44 pm

Mounts are very likely, and the speeder works well in this setting, or maybe a swoop bike.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Jet packs? haha

I hope the mounts are 'epic' ><
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Mictian wrote:Jet packs? haha

I hope the mounts are 'epic' ><

Everyone would totally rage if you couldn't use jet packs for height advantages.
If you look at Nal Hutta though you can clearly see a lot of high places and areas obviously designed for getting up to.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:07 pm

But then would it be like WoW where melee creeps can run up vertical walls (and even some upside down bits) to get to you? That always annoyed me a bit, you get into a position where they can't get to you (at least not easily) and then your work gets nullified in all of two seconds...
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Yeah, thats what I'm a bit puzzled on as well.
Anyone have any ideas?
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:13 pm

I can see speeders being available, but I doubt jetpacks will be available to anyone but Bounty Hunters. Seems like one of their heavy advantages.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:24 pm

Satarel Vao wrote:I can see speeders being available, but I doubt jetpacks will be available to anyone but Bounty Hunters. Seems like one of their heavy advantages.
I agree, Speeder and swoop bike's seem to be the most logical kind of mount that you could use. Ad least at first and then down the line you could get something cooler like a Ton-Ton or something lol. I think it would be cool if there where a lot of different and exotic mounts.
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Well, I'm sure the Jedi could just force jump >.> maybe smugglers and troopers can call in air support or smth, haha
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:27 pm

SWG had speeders and creature mounts. Speeders were primarily used to cross large areas quickly. Creature mounts were more for looks. I personally liked both very much. I don't think the worlds in TOR are gonna be as open as they are in SWG so I am not sure we will see them as being our personal transport. There are a lot of cool things I liked about SWG that I was hoping to see in TOR, but I don't think I will see the parts I liked in TOR. The game is looking very good though.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum