OUF ShipDown OOC

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

OUF ShipDown OOC

Post  Kevlar on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Since we are essentially starting a completely different new RP thread, I think it might be a good idea to move our discussions to a new page and let Jacan delete the old one.

So for now on please use this thread for OUF ShipDown OCC discussions!

Shortly I'll be making another thread named 'OUF ShipDown StoryPlot' in which I will explain what the behind the scenes story is of OUF ShipDown, how to use the information, how not to use the information, some tips on how to post so your character feels apart of the group, some suggestions to keep thing civil.

Then after that the thread will be used for Behind the scene Narrator updates. Think of it as things that the narrator of the story has decided should happen in the story now/soon and you can incorporate into your next post. Things like this help carry the story loosely in the general direction of the plot.

Last but not least! Remember! This is all about having fun! So there is no need to stress, no need to worry about post quality, we are not here to judge, but to tell a story, have fun, socialize. The narrator will carry the story, you only have to add flavor through the actions of your character/s.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Re: OUF ShipDown OOC

Post  Arashi Storm on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:59 pm

I loved the introduction Mictian! I do have one question however. You say that Jeme is accompanying us on the mission. Then you say we are to bring Jeme back like he is the one with the downed ship. Did I miss something?
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:12 pm

yeah, he missed that in his edit, I've pmed him about it. For now though, treat it as if Jeme is with the rescue team.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:35 pm

hehe, ok, I didnt expect to be part of the rescue team

oh ok I see.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:43 pm

yeah, I discussed it a bit with Mictian and I thought that it would be damaging to the drive behind the story if there was one guy single out away from the rest, you would literally have to make up an entire side story about the downed ship (which to be honest I already have a vague idea how it incorporates into the main arc). So I figured it would be better if we were all together.

I'm writing Alicia's part at this moment, then I will write the StoryPlot
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:44 pm

Yea, erm, DOH' XD sry bout that, but let teh fun begin! =D you can post about your character from the start (ie. how he feels, the way he/she saw the start, what he/she did when Mictian was starting the ship) or pick up where we left off, getting to know one another. You could always say your character was meditating, works either way, HAHA! ><

and yea, kev explained how it's gonna work, so go crazy! ^^
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:31 pm

alright, Alicia's first post is made.

On a separate note! Mictian, could you edit and add rescue the downed crew to the mission objectives (you heartless bastard =P) haha.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:50 am

LoL, good point... I thought we were just gonna leave them to die =D

On a seperate note, go everyone else, go! >< i wants ter make this move =P
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:32 am

Nice Arashi! Seriously people very nice balanced use of character control so far! Keep it up! =)
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:08 pm

This is going great so far people! =) keep up the great works.

Remember you don't HAVE to do multiple people scenes, you could use a couple of posts to showcase and develop some aspect of your character's personality through a solo piece of him/her doing something. For example Tyren's rifle maintenance.

Or you can develop some group dynamics by interacting with other characters.

Remember though, if you think the post that you made or are about to make could be a bit involved with another person's character, send them a PM before hand with a rough of what you are going to post, this way you can plan the scene together, exchange ideas. Not to mention it is a simple courtesy.

But so far everyone has been absolutely great =)

On a separate note, hehe sorry Arashi, you will all have to get a little use to Alicia/lita, she is a little abnormal and her mind literally doesn't quite work the same way as everyone else's =P
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Very Happy

Let's hope the other two Jedi show up soon, or else we're gonna have to move on without them O.o

yep... what he said Tape haha
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:24 am

ahh, so not cool.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Jeme'Maer wrote:ahh, so not cool.

haha whats not cool? =P the enormous pressure of Arashi putting you on the spot by telling you Vly about to pay your character a visit?

Atleast your character is not getting hit on =P hahaha

And on another note, since you got this boat rowing Mictian How exactly big is this ship we are on? Are we talking cockpit and personnel bay plus misc rooms? Or are we talking bridge with crew and wings/levels?

Personally I say go with a cruiser type ship, complete with its own hanger bays and such, when we arrive we will launch for the planet via a shuttle.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Anything goes really, I just can't wait for someone to get us onto the planet (so long as we're all still alive when we get there) LOL!! XD

but maybe we should wait for the other two jedi before doing that O.o

anyways, so long as it's logical, it works ^^
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:58 pm

I was thinking the ship was similar to a freighter like the Ebon Hawk, or the Normandy from Mass Effect in size...we've already sort of made it seem fairly big so lets keep it that way.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:46 pm

I'm sorry Kevlar. I couldn't think of a better way to draw Alicia's blaster away. Especially since "jedi" are known to not have relations with women. Or I guess thats what you get for making a red haired Asian looking female. If you noticed a didn't pursue it any further.

Jeme or Carlen are welcome to get the next scene going anytime!
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty much waiting for a chance to join my next scene in a moment as well, I'm still reading all of your character biographies carefully too.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Well then, I see nothing wrong with hitting on the only female in the ship (LOL!!!) >< Unless kevlar has some violent objections Surprised haha

Mmm, well, we gotta wait for em to do something, but other than that, knock yourself out, I gave us 'several hours' for a reason Laughing
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:56 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote: or the Normandy from Mass Effect in size...

That's pretty much exactly the same idea of size that I had in mind. We will wait a couple more days for the other two Jedi to show up if not then we will just kind of lead them along and proceed to launch.

Arashi wrote:I'm sorry Kevlar. I couldn't think
of a better way to draw Alicia's blaster away. Especially since "jedi"
are known to not have relations with women. Or I guess thats what you
get for making a red haired Asian looking female. If you noticed a
didn't pursue it any further.

hah, don't worry about it, it is good for making the story more interesting.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:50 am

How much longer should we give these two knuckleheads to join in? Which Mictian if you wanna get the ship on its way thats cool. I can always do the scene with the other two once we are on the way.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:50 am

feel free to post scenes on ship, or not if you have run out of things to do, I'll post probably one or two more scenes for Alicia at some point today.

I'm going to give Jeme and Carlen till sometime tomorrow to say their pieces before we "arrive and launch the shuttle"

Btw, if anyone else wants to join in the RP, feel more then free, we specifically left the boarding process and crew list rather vague, so if you want you can just include yourself to the team and be on the ship doing something.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Uh huh, what kev said ^^

Btw, whoever wants to do the arriving part, how we arrive to the planet is left to your discretion Wink (hint hint) >.>

Last edited by Mictian on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:00 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typo, supposed to be planet :x)
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm

island? I've already pretty much got the arrival piece roughly written out.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:01 am

yea, sry, typo, supposed to be planet, this is what you get when you literally live on an island, everything becomes one Laughing
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:36 am

So wow.
I haven't been reading this RP until today.
Come to find out I was in it all along Laughing !
Man, you guild buddies must really like me Razz

So, yeah, if you'll give me a few hours, I should be able to post up something.
Cheers

-Carlen Darko
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum