OUF ShipDown OOC

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: OUF ShipDown OOC

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:41 am

haha, well, Mictian just put your character in the story, so I assumed you were in the plot, funny that I never actually thought if you knew this was happening. =P
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 am

Don't look at me, he said he was in >.> haha

Oh and btw, the thread title, I think you have a typo, it's supposed to be OOC, not OCC Mace Windu

for the record, my character's gonna be asleep till we 'depart' (unless someone wants to wake me up for god knows what) Smile
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:05 am

Damn, Carlen you broke my post! =P Can you redo yours? and also, if you are going to include someone else's character in potentially adverse situations, it pays to give them a PM to discuss and brainstorm the scene so both parties agree with the piece.

Also fyi, Alicia is a smuggler, she doesn't do headhunts.
=P

I guess it doesn't really help that Alicia's character has changed in my head a little bit, I'll update her bio. Sorry.

Last edited by Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:08 am

smuggler....I always thought of you as more of a mercenary or bounty hunter...must be the body armor and personal arsenal that lets off.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:11 am

Kevlar wrote:Damn, Carlen you broke my post! =P Can you redo yours? and also, if you are going to include someone else's character in potentially adverse situations, it pays to give them a PM to discuss and brainstorm the scene so both parties agree with the piece.

Also fyi, Alicia is a smuggler, she doesn't do headhunts.
=P

I would've PM'd you if I considered it adverse. I entered you in the room and had you exit. Your character doesn't change positions at all. Also, the altercation won't really have any effect on Alicia or Carlen unless you decide it does now. Carlen won't be coming up to her, so, balls in your court.

As for fixing my post, not sure it needs it.
It would be much easier if you would just change the very first sentence of your where it says, "Alicia also left the briefing room not long after the Jedi and headed towards her temporary quarters". Just change it from the briefing room to the room with Carlen.

EDIT: I am sorry for breaking your post though. Sad
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:13 am

Jeme'Maer wrote:smuggler....I always thought of you as more of a mercenary or bounty hunter...must be the body armor and personal arsenal that lets off.
Kevlar wrote:If you are going to include someone else's character in potentially adverse situations, it pays to give them a PM to discuss and brainstorm the scene so both parties agree with the piece.

Ditto.
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:36 am

haha, I think mostly its just one of those situations where you read something and think, my character would never say/do/act something like that! =P

But largely it is my fault, I forgot to update my character's bio before we began this little story.

Then again I guess that's why we are having this little pre-story section just so we can iron out the quirks and get this thing rolling smoothly! =D

As a note, many people consider confrontational scenes adverse situations.
btw, if anyone posts something about your character that you consider at odds with their character, be sure to discuss it! There is always the edit function.
We are trying to make this as coherent as possible, which I know is no small feat considering its essentially the merging of 5 minds. But thats why we have OoC! To hash out the rough parts. =P Keep those pieces coming =)

Last edited by Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:40 am

Kevlar wrote:haha, I think mostly its just one of those situations where you read something and think, my character would never say/do/act something like that! =P

But largely it is my fault, I forgot to update my character's bio before we began this little story.

Then again I guess that's why we are having this little pre-story section just so we can iron out the quirks and get this thing rolling smoothly! =D

Eh, sorry if I didn't deliver on the Alicia front. I was basing her talking style on what your sheet mentioned before. I thought of her more out-of-place than crazy.

Laughing Now I know it's the other way around!
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:44 am

yeah, really sorry man. I'll flesh out her bio in more and more detail as I come to it so that you guys can get a more accurate likeness in her scenes.
I've expanded her personalities section a little bit already just now. I'll do more later when I finish cooking dinner.

As for Mictian, you can still post! Maybe you could have bad dreams, ill omens or something? ahaha
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:49 am

Kevlar wrote:yeah, really sorry man. I'll flesh out her bio in more and more detail as I come to it so that you guys can get a more accurate likeness in her scenes.
I've expanded her personalities section a little bit already just now. I'll do more later when I finish cooking dinner.

As for Mictian, you can still post! Maybe you could have bad dreams, ill omens or something? ahaha

It's all good. Hey, are you going to change the first part of your post or no I need to go revamp my entire thing?
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:56 am

Well, the scenes are kind of a little sequence of events, so its kind of hard to edit without breaking the sequence train. I've another couple piece that follows on that one both in activity and locations. A brief few pieces designed to develop Alicia's persona and character a little.

just for future reference though, Alicia is a bit bi-polar I guess you could say, she is fairly aloof and clinical. While she can... well... is a bit nuts and can be prone to craziness and suicidal actions/feats.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:58 am

PM's work, but you can discuss anything here for sure. I find that discussing things before is smart but takes a long time because you have to ask then wait for a reply and then this and then that. I don't mind going back and editing anything I write what so ever. So if I ever write anything that you want me to change a little to be more fitting, whether it be for my character or your character, please let me know. I have thick skin.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:01 am

Alright, well, it lost its cool context, but I fixed my post to better suite the sequence.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:05 am

Hey Carlen I'll stop by your room next. Do you want me to let you run with it or do you wanna discuss how it will go here?
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:08 am

Arashi wrote:PM's work, but you can discuss anything here for sure. I find that discussing things before is smart but takes a long time because you have to ask then wait for a reply and then this and then that. I don't mind going back and editing anything I write what so ever. So if I ever write anything that you want me to change a little to be more fitting, whether it be for my character or your character, please let me know. I have thick skin.

Ha, yeah the same goes if I write something out of character for you character. That is the function of OoC and PMs ofcourse.

But yeah. Don't worry TOO much about it though folks, just take a look at the character's owners posts on their personality and emulate that. Ofcourse this means as we get more story it will become easier and easier because there is more and more information and dialogue to base it on.

for that blaster to the neck scene, I could totally see Alicia doing something like that =P so I just kind of built off it. That's what makes RP's great, building off each other's posts.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:10 am

Arashi wrote:Hey Carlen I'll stop by your room next. Do you want me to let you run with it or do you wanna discuss how it will go here?

Anything works really. How about you start it off with a good lead for me to work with?
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:15 am

btw, sorry in the discussion I didn't mention, I love the first part of that piece =P I guess the entire post now... haha.
The descriptions of the force and the insight into character is great work carlen =)
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 am

Erm, since someone mentioned earlier that this ship is, well, big, is there a training facility on board? HAHA

I could give my character bad dreams, but i don't want him to get nightmares ><

oh, and great stuff so far, I mean, we haven't even landed, EPIC!!! Very Happy
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:28 am

haha. Sorry, no training facility. Remember, think Normandy from Mass Effect. (hey. it was your idea =P)
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Mictian on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:32 am

Haha, alrighty then, bad dreams it shall be >_>

Cmon Jeme, put in your piece and we're good to go! ^^
Mictian

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 am

its on the way...just trying to add to my masterpiece..it will be done in a little bit.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:08 am

Kevlar wrote:haha. Sorry, no training facility. Remember, think Normandy from Mass Effect. (hey. it was your idea =P)

Wait, sorry, that was tyren, my bad.

Awesome Jeme! I can't wait to see what you come up with. =P
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:02 am

finished....its a bit off, but I am still attempting to learn how to create good dialogue, so its a start. getting my writing warmed up again.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:06 am

That was good jeme! Don't worry too much, most of us are fairly new RPers, so we arn't expecting Shakespeare =P

on another note, I'm slightly confused, is Jeme Jedi or Sith? Neither? Both?
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeme'Maer on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:10 am

Kevlar wrote:That was good jeme! Don't worry too much, most of us are fairly new RPers, so we arn't expecting Shakespeare =P

on another note, I'm slightly confused, is Jeme Jedi or Sith? Neither? Both?

In my Bio (still getting the kinks out of it)

It shows that my character has had relations with both. He owes allegiance to neither because he killed a Sith during the raid of his settlement (killed master Tybar) the Sith took him to the Sith Academy where until he was sixteen he trained. Then he was put under a sith lord whom was one of many vying for political control over the Korriban academy. so opposing Sith conspirators killed his Sith master (Lord Garmal) and ran him out of the Sith academy on korriban due to political battles. The Jedi later banished him from the academy for secretly studying Sith studies and battle styles like Dun Moch. (which will be added to my bio once I am done with that) Earlier from that shortly after his knighting he was put under persicution that he was involved in the raid of his dry colony.
Jeme'Maer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum