Gaming

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Gaming

Post  Carlen Darko on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:16 am

My first FPS was Star Wars: Dark Forces shortly followed by Doom.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Beadle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:38 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:The older games never held my interest (or at least what I consider older games)

When I was younger I prefered to go hunt eels in the creek rather than play video games or watch TV.

While I had access to DOS based PC games they sucked and the original playstation was the first console I played which was released in 1995 but I don't think we got one until at least 1997.

Or where you thinking more along the lines of:

1947: Cathode Ray Tube Amusement Device

The earliest known interactive electronic game was by Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr. and Estle Ray Mann on a cathode ray tube. The patent was filed on January 25, 1947 and issued on December 14, 1948. The game was a missile simulator inspired by radar displays from World War II. It used analog circuitry, not digital, to control the CRT beam and position a dot on the screen. Screen overlays were used for targets since graphics could not be drawn at the time.

I remember my physics teacher showing us this ancient device used a whole bank of computers for a tiny screen to play a game... It was quite humorous.

Probably the oldest games I've played were on the Sega Megadrive III, The only consule my family ever owned until we got a Wii last year. It had a ridiculously difficult James Bond game.
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Udumbara on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Yeah ... what made Doom so epic was the multiplayer FPS thing. Man ... I'll never forget connecting with my friend on my 14.4 bps modem and seeing him in my game. I was on the other line with him and I remember saying, "Move to the left .... HOLY SHIT I JUST SAW YOUR GUY MOVE!" I can honestly say that moment was more special to me than when I lost my virginity.
Udumbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruka on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:When I was younger I prefered to go hunt eels in the creek rather than play video games or watch TV.

I only went eeling once up in huntly near auckland, anyways I felt it slither past my feet so I quickly tried to grab it...however it slithered out and at the same time the little bastard bit me and left quite a few tiny bite marks in my finger....pfft!! little prick got away!!
Ruka

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Udumbara wrote:Yeah ... what made Doom so epic was the multiplayer FPS thing. Man ... I'll never forget connecting with my friend on my 14.4 bps modem and seeing him in my game. I was on the other line with him and I remember saying, "Move to the left .... HOLY SHIT I JUST SAW YOUR GUY MOVE!" I can honestly say that moment was more special to me than when I lost my virginity.

And now I can honestly say that we've carried "gaming-nerd" to a whole new level.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:20 am

Ruka wrote:
Jacan Na'al wrote:When I was younger I prefered to go hunt eels in the creek rather than play video games or watch TV.

I only went eeling once up in huntly near auckland, anyways I felt it slither past my feet so I quickly tried to grab it...however it slithered out and at the same time the little bastard bit me and left quite a few tiny bite marks in my finger....pfft!! little prick got away!!

We used homemade spears like real savages LOL.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:54 am

I bought Sins of a Solar Empire a few days ago and am hooked. This game has been a great challenge so far. I guess any game can be until you learn about it, but this one has been pretty rough.

After I got it home I remember Quin saying something about it in a post a while back. Great game so far. I just wish I had more time to play it.

Anyone else play this?
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:49 am

I have it and love it.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:44 am

I'm thinking I should try this.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:45 am

I recommend the game to anyone that likes real time strategy. It's one of the best strategy games I have played. I wish Empire at War was a little more like this game. Both are great games, but I think I like Sins a little better.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:45 am

I agree completely, sins is an awesome game and whilst EaW is good it isn't awesome.

Sins with a Star Wars theme would be so completely epic.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:16 am

i've never tried Sins but currently i cant pull my self away from MW2 but i bought EAW back when it came out and no matter what game i play i always end up coming back to it, and jedi outcast. Both put me in the star wars universe and are a lot of fun.

And Jedi outcast is kind of always a good memory because i played dark forces.
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Rygal Blaqk on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Ah, the ol' Dark Forces, loved all of them up to.. Academy :)
Rygal Blaqk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:51 pm

Does anyone agree that JA: Jedi Knight Academy could have been a lot better though?
However the epic saber battles and multiplayer were, and still are pretty awesome.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:14 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:I agree completely, sins is an awesome game and whilst EaW is good it isn't awesome.

Sins with a Star Wars theme would be so completely epic.

I couldn't agree more! I am still trying to get my first win. The action is non stop and extremely challenging to keep up with. I do kinda miss being able to pause the game to build structures.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 am

Sins is a pretty unique game really, there arn't that many games that are similar in game-play and operation. The closest I can even think of (and its pretty different really) is Homeworld 1&2.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:01 am

So those of you who have played Dragon Age I have a question.

How far will you get in abilities with this game?

The gameplay reminds me of Oblivion. In that game you could just go on and on and learn many different skills. There seemed to be no limit. Though I never finished it so I'm not sure. Is Dragon Age like that? Some of you all seemed to beat the game pretty quick.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:07 am

Erm, generally I think I filled out 7 rows of abilities, so that's 28 Abilities, but I didn't finish all the quests, maybe about 75% of the content, so you could probably do about 32 points.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:27 am

Two things:
1) I really need to get back into the Dragon Age: Origins run of my life. I let my girlfriend take the game over and then I got into MW2.... I feel like I've done a selfish act by neglecting the DA.

2) JA wasn't all that good? Sad. I really wanted to try it out (other than the severely over played demo that I have), mainly because I could be a Kel Dor. ^_^
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:10 am

Kevlar wrote:Erm, generally I think I filled out 7 rows of abilities, so that's 28 Abilities, but I didn't finish all the quests, maybe about 75% of the content, so you could probably do about 32 points.

Thank you very much Kev. I figured it would probably be something like that. Great game so far. I wasn't expecting the different story lines.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:46 am

I just bought and am installing Sins of a Solar Empire so if anyone wants to play later on im up for it. First i have to learn how to play though!
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum