New TOR classes! *spolier warning: don't read this before december third if you wanna wait!*

Go down

New TOR classes! *spolier warning: don't read this before december third if you wanna wait!*

Post  Delyn on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:32 am

Another mmorpg article also a quick little interview with jake neri at darth hater
about dec 3rd's upcoming two class reveal

Spoiler:
the Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular.

go go gadget chain lightning
Delyn

Back to top Go down

Re: New TOR classes! *spolier warning: don't read this before december third if you wanna wait!*

Post  Rusic Terron on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:32 am

Jake Neri:
"We thought as core classes the Consular and the Inquisitor made the most sense. We thought they balanced well against the other two. You can think of the Jedi Knight and the Sith Warrior as more of a melee-style Jedi, and the other two maybe more of the ranged-style Jedi. I think it made a lot of sense."

Jedi Consular, Jedi Consular, JEDI CONSULAR!... GOD YES! Please let this happen Very Happy
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Re: New TOR classes! *spolier warning: don't read this before december third if you wanna wait!*

Post  Beadle on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:41 pm

damn, I seem to be inclined to play anything that has inquisitor in the title but sith...
Still coolness on both classes.
Beadle

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 pm

is this confirmed?

I guess it kind of makes sense, having four force sensitive classes and four non-force classes. 2,2 each side.

still, I've still no clue as to what I'm going to roll as honestly.
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Well at first thought I am not real happy about this announcement mainly because I thought it would be nice to have a large skill tree that would allow us to create the style jedi we want to play. To me that makes more sense. Hopefully it will play out alright. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:02 am

Arashi wrote:Well at first thought I am not real happy about this announcement mainly because I thought it would be nice to have a large skill tree that would allow us to create the style jedi we want to play. To me that makes more sense. Hopefully it will play out alright. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Arashi, I'm going to have to agree with you on this. While KotOR II wasn't BioWare's doing, the growth of your character was a pretty awesome addition to the game (choosing a master class). That was the awesome part for me. Not only do you choose what Side you walk, but what path along that you walk upon. I feel like they'd be taking away from that experience if they were to have the two Force sensitive classes. Just my two cents.
We'll still be playing it, regardless.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:39 am

Possible Sith inquisitor?

Courtesy of Arashi Smile

http://img7.abload.de/img/scannen00088um4.jpg
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:15 am

They must have the beta coming out soon, because if they've finalized all the classes, got their abilities and PvP in check for testing then I'm pretty sure everything's nearly done...as for the planets I have no idea
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:48 pm

From the interviews they say they are still working on balancing issues, but I hope your right.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:30 pm

Tyren Vaal wrote:They must have the beta coming out soon, because if they've finalized all the classes, got their abilities and PvP in check for testing then I'm pretty sure everything's nearly done...as for the planets I have no idea

I fear balancing and polishing the classes is small part of the overall game. Since they decided to go the route they did with voice acting every quest and because the sheer volume of the content in MMORPGs is massive I think we still have a long way to go. I imagine that they will start revealing the overall storyline more and more. MMORPGs also take a long time in the QA testing phase. My new estimate is late next year or early 2011 until we see anything more substantial about the Beta or release date.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:34 pm

Garr Talon wrote:
Tyren Vaal wrote:They must have the beta coming out soon, because if they've finalized all the classes, got their abilities and PvP in check for testing then I'm pretty sure everything's nearly done...as for the planets I have no idea

I fear balancing and polishing the classes is small part of the overall game. Since they decided to go the route they did with voice acting every quest and because the sheer volume of the content in MMORPGs is massive I think we still have a long way to go. I imagine that they will start revealing the overall storyline more and more. MMORPGs also take a long time in the QA testing phase. My new estimate is late next year or early 2011 until we see anything more substantial about the Beta or release date.

You are probably right, but I hope your wrong.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:41 pm

Arashi wrote:You are probably right, but I hope your wrong.

Haha. Same here. About a year ago I was estimating that we would see something by this time. I was wrong though, so heres to me being wrong again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum