Uncloaking the Jedi Consular

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Uncloaking the Jedi Consular

Post  Arashi Storm on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:27 pm

Channeling the power of the Force for strength and wisdom, the Consulars of the Jedi Order cut to the truth of any complicated situation as cleanly as their double-bladed Lightsabers cut down an army of Imperial foes. Whether unlocking long forgotten mysteries of the Jedi, raising armies to fight for the Republic, or engaging in mortal combat with Dark Lords of the Sith, the Jedi Consulars’ deep attunement to the Force gives them all the power they need to rise to any battle with poise and balance.

Access the HoloNet to read archived reports on the mystical Jedi Consular and to see footage of the Consular in action! Also, be sure to check out the media section for new downloadable screenshots, concept art, and wallpapers!

Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Re: Uncloaking the Jedi Consular

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:38 pm

Interesting read. I don't really see where the consular fits into the classic role play styles. Mage? Warlock? Healer? Paladin?

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:30 am

Garr Talon wrote:Interesting read. I don't really see where the consular fits into the classic role play styles. Mage? Warlock? Healer? Paladin?

Well not everything can be compared to WoW
Consular seems to be a CC Priest to me.

Edit
Kinda like a Druid actually without the nature stuff
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 am

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:Kinda like a Druid actually without the nature stuff

Now don't go comparing things to WoW now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:29 pm

Garr Talon wrote:

DnD actually, the "real" classics of the class system.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:34 pm

w00t! Consulars!!

This will be me.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Jacan Na'al wrote:w00t! Consulars!!

This will be me.
Ditto!

Although I am kind of saddened that they've split up the Force users into two classes, I can't say that I'm surprised. They did have the three Jedi classes in the KotORs, and with Sentinel not exactly being the most popular of these (seriously, who played as a Sentinel??), so why not have them as starting classes for the game? I'm just concerned that the Consular class is a bit too powerful. The Knight is a bit all about the saber attacks while the other is about Force using, but can still kick ass with a Saber. Anyone else concerned that this is going to end badly with class balances?
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:
Garr Talon wrote:

DnD actually, the "real" classics of the class system.

haha. I guess that makes two of us who were not comparing things to wow.

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:18 pm

This will be me.

And me! Very Happy
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:51 pm

I played as a Sentinel, heh. And if it was offered in TOR I would probably rock one again. I liked being able to cloak up and surprise people.. plus when you make the main Jedi a skillful guy, it opens up slots for heavy hitters with no purpose but to run through people.

I back up the Sentinel, but I definitly see why they were not implemented. I just hope there's skill trees or something so I can follow a path to lead my character to Sentinel-ish qualities. If I can't force cloak, I'll be mighty upset.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:07 am

Bahn Durm wrote:

This will be me.
Ditto!

Although I am kind of saddened that they've split up the Force users into two classes, I can't say that I'm surprised. They did have the three Jedi classes in the KotORs, and with Sentinel not exactly being the most popular of these (seriously, who played as a Sentinel??), so why not have them as starting classes for the game? I'm just concerned that the Consular class is a bit too powerful. The Knight is a bit all about the saber attacks while the other is about Force using, but can still kick ass with a Saber. Anyone else concerned that this is going to end badly with class balances?

I doubt this will be a issue, think of a classic Fighter Mage in DnD you were never top of the mage tree always missing some awesome spells and you could never be a great warrior but you could get by in both and apply your skills to kick ass. It will be no different here.

Bioware has a long history of balancing RPG classes.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:01 am

These two force classes is really gonna make it hard for me to pick. I will probably play the Knight, but I find myself more in the mindset of Yoda or Qui-Gon Jinn. I guess theres no reason I can't play like that in the game. I like the force powers we have seen so far though.

Does anyone else feel that Darth Maul would more of a warrior than an inquisitor? Darth Maul a freaking awesome fighter. I can't remember all the details, but ofcourse using a dbl bladed saber usually means you have mastered single handed first. And if he wasn't a Teras Kasii master he was something close to it. It just feels wrong for Bioware to say he is an inquisitor type. Not that it really has anything to do with the game. I was just curious if I was the only person thinking this. I can't remember which book I read that talked a lot about him.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusic Terron on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Carlen Darko wrote:

This will be me.

And me! Very Happy

AND ME! YAY! Very Happy! I hope you can still do single-saber though...
Rusic Terron

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 pm

Rusic Terron wrote:
Carlen Darko wrote:

This will be me.

And me! :D

AND ME! YAY! :D! I hope you can still do single-saber though...

You can, check out the screen-shots there is a Consular with a blue saber
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:10 pm

Quinlan Sa'athis wrote:
Rusic Terron wrote:
Carlen Darko wrote:

This will be me.

And me! Very Happy

AND ME! YAY! Very Happy! I hope you can still do single-saber though...

You can, check out the screen-shots there is a Consular with a blue saber

Ah, but so far there is no confirmation that Consulars can dual wield, I hope they can.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Why not? I'm sure it'll be a possibility
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:23 pm

I really hope they don't make it where only certain force users are gonna be able to use certain types of lightsabers. I don't think they will. The warrior simply looted a second LS and was able to weild it. It doesn't appear you need a certain ability to weild a second LS.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:15 am

I foresee something that will be what I always invisioned in SW between the two core jedi classes... In relation to the tabel-top RPG, the only two core Jedi classes are Guardian and Consular a.k.a. Knight and Consular.... What I think is they will leave the knight open to MORE LS techs than the consular while the consular has more FORCE techs. But, all in all, I think that the knight will also be more balanced in combat while the Consular also has diplomatic skills. The game does focus on dialogue and i think the Consular will see more than the knight. But, then again, this is Bioware... Ya never know wtf they got up their sleeves...
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:34 am

Can't decide on weather to be a Knight or Consular.
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Satarel Vao on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm making a knight, no doubt. I just hope there are Sentinel abilities somewhere in there.
Satarel Vao

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:03 am

Rebel marksman wrote:Can't decide on weather to be a Knight or Consular.

Yes, its a tough decision for sure.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Zebular on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:25 am

So far, from what I have seen, Consulars seem to be role I will most likely be playing. I've always enjoyed anything resembling a Mage, Magic or Druism. Consulars seem to me to be the perfect outlet for my role-playing style. Although, Star Wars is the one media that has always been able to spark my little-enthused interest in hand-to-hand and weapon combat.
Zebular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:33 am

I intend to play a Consular as well.

Of the presumed development trees do you see yourself focusing on healing? crowd control? or ranged dps? or a mixture of them all?

I intend to focus on the healing aspect, assuming it is as important in TOR as it is in other MMO's.

I was a Champion in LotRO and that was alot of fun, and the Consular class holds the prospect of some hack'n'slash with the lightsaber but sounds like it will allow greater variety and depth, which is just what I'm after in TOR.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:40 am

I've never been one for anything but a full-frontal attack person. But I really want Bahn (me) to be a Force-heavy player. I mean, lightsaber fun is awesome, but Kel Dor have always been natural Force-users, mainly in telekinesis and telepathy. Therefore, Consular is more appropriate. But enough of my guy.

I'm more curious about one thing... can the Consular and/or the Knight use the Dark Side powers?? I mean, they show heavy use of the lightning with the Inquisitor, but does that mean it's going to be only a power used by the Sith guys? That would really suck... especially if we're to be a group that sits in the middle of the Force's Light and Dark sides.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:47 am

Bahn Durm wrote:I've never been one for anything but a full-frontal attack person. But I really want Bahn (me) to be a Force-heavy player. I mean, lightsaber fun is awesome, but Kel Dor have always been natural Force-users, mainly in telekinesis and telepathy. Therefore, Consular is more appropriate. But enough of my guy.

I'm more curious about one thing... can the Consular and/or the Knight use the Dark Side powers?? I mean, they show heavy use of the lightning with the Inquisitor, but does that mean it's going to be only a power used by the Sith guys? That would really suck... especially if we're to be a group that sits in the middle of the Force's Light and Dark sides.

Well unfortunately its definitely looking that way. Of course I can't say for sure until we can look at the skill tree, but I feel 90% sure its gonna be that way. I was hoping they would implement the skill tree's kinda like they were implemented in the KOTOR games where you could choose any force power but might not get as much out of a dark power if you were LS aligned.

I think the Consular looks very cool, but I will probably go with the Knight. It would probably fit my character better to go with a Consular but I really do prefer being up close and personal in combat. Plenty of time to decide though.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum