Uncloaking the Jedi Consular

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Uncloaking the Jedi Consular

Post  Bahn Durm on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:52 am

Arashi wrote:Well unfortunately its definitely looking that way. Of course I can't say for sure until we can look at the skill tree, but I feel 90% sure its gonna be that way. I was hoping they would implement the skill tree's kinda like they were implemented in the KOTOR games where you could choose any force power but might not get as much out of a dark power if you were LS aligned.

I think the Consular looks very cool, but I will probably go with the Knight. It would probably fit my character better to go with a Consular but I really do prefer being up close and personal in combat. Plenty of time to decide though.

And I think that even if it were to be that way, after enough complaining from the community, post-release, they'll probably change it so that there's something for all powers (or similar) to be applied to all Force-users.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Zebular on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:Of the presumed development trees do you see yourself focusing on healing? crowd control? or ranged dps? or a mixture of them all?
I foresee that I will most likely take up the support role of a healer, as that best fits how I like to help out others while being able to keep myself alive in the process. Not set in stone yet and won't be however until I have tried the different roles they will be capable of myself. Typcially, if I am playing a game where I do not belong to an active guild, such as in WoW, I will end up making many different characters until I find one that is solo-friendly. However, if I belong to an active guild I will always take up the role of a healer or ranged mage-type damage support role, as I like to help out as opposed to being the leader and tank of the group.
Zebular

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 am

Was Luke a gardian or consular. This will be my tie breaker lol
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:59 am

Rebel marksman wrote:Was Luke a gardian or consular. This will be my tie breaker lol

95.64% certain that he was a Guardian.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:01 am

Luke would have to be considered a Guardian. I have read a fair bit of EU and consular definitely does not come to mind. Some people might argue that with the latest books he would be, but I personally don't think so.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:11 am

The Star Wars RPG that came up with the term Guardian for Jedi labels Luke as a Guardian.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks guess this mean i'm going to be a knight unless they have mutiple saves like on most mmo's.
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Id like to add a bit about the whole light and dark powers from KOTOR...

If you do the math, if you were light the light powers were half the FPs and ditto for dark. I noticed that by playing in the nutral you are paying full FPs for all the skills but as i examined them further, it was quite the same as playing Light or dark. As far as numbers. Now with gameplay, it was also a perfect blend of easy battles and easy credits with loads of exp from the diplomatic stuff for the lightside. I hope TOR will sort of use the same implemented tactics for the game.

Though, I'd like to know what you guys think about this- If TOR had talent trees and focused on Force Powers, what do you think the three trees would be? No specific names are required, just a short descrip on what theyd do.... ((I'm basing the talent trees off of other mmos i played that have a tri-talent spec.))
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:46 pm

It's too hard for me to guess on that one. They have revealed a few already though.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:36 am

If you want dark side powers so bad then just play as a sith and then switch your guy over to the light side ( if jedi can become sith then, sith can become jedi).
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:38 am

So Rebel, you plan on playing as a jedi named Rebel Marksman? Something just sounds a little off there. But hey if you like it its cool.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:42 am

At this point yes, but i have a entire year to come up with something better like ...... Jedi marksman lol creativity is my strong point.
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:17 am

Rebel marksman wrote:At this point yes, but i have a entire year to come up with something better like ...... Jedi marksman lol creativity is my strong point.

Nice! Maybe they will let jedi use blasters!
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Rebel marksman wrote:At this point yes, but i have a entire year to come up with something better like ...... Jedi marksman lol creativity is my strong point.

Hmm...Jedi Marksman...
*the sound of buzzing and gears turning*
AH HA!

Jed Marko

...I win.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Carlen Darko wrote:

Hmm...Jedi Marksman...
*the sound of buzzing and gears turning*
AH HA!

Jed Marko

...I win.
Nice.

Does your mind actually create cog-motion noises? Cool!
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Fenix on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:02 am

Bahn Durm wrote:Does your mind actually create cog-motion noises? Cool!

I want one!!
Fenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Halcyon on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:18 am

Arashi wrote:It's too hard for me to guess on that one. They have revealed a few already though.

I'll have to check it out. I just don't wanna have a super linear spec system... Like you guys discussed about custom armor and weapons. I don't wanna have the EXACT same look and feel with my toon that the next guys has.. I mean, look at how many others in the guild are gonna have JCs... ... ... ... Yea.. Exactly..
Gerard Halcyon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:10 am

Gerard Halcyon wrote:
Arashi wrote:It's too hard for me to guess on that one. They have revealed a few already though.

I'll have to check it out. I just don't wanna have a super linear spec system... Like you guys discussed about custom armor and weapons. I don't wanna have the EXACT same look and feel with my toon that the next guys has.. I mean, look at how many others in the guild are gonna have JCs... ... ... ... Yea.. Exactly..

I agree I'm looking foward to being unique. From what I have seen on the forums the diversity in talent trees and story line will make us all different as a character but I don't want to walk up to one of you and look at my reflection standing before me. That would be just wierd. No offence.
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:13 am

I totally agree with that. I want customisation to be advanced enough that you could have a group of 8 players of the same class and none of them resemble each other at all. I want to change my height and weight and muscle tone and shape not just the normal skin tone and hair style, and then have equipment customisation on top of that.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:30 am

From what I have read on the official forums we will be able to customize. So we should be able to have a different look. We just don't know what type of system it will be. It is one aspect I am very eager to find out about.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:27 am

It explains about the engine's character customization here.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:32 am

Gerard Halcyon wrote:Id like to add a bit about the whole light and dark powers from KOTOR...

If you do the math, if you were light the light powers were half the FPs and ditto for dark. I noticed that by playing in the nutral you are paying full FPs for all the skills but as i examined them further, it was quite the same as playing Light or dark. As far as numbers. Now with gameplay, it was also a perfect blend of easy battles and easy credits with loads of exp from the diplomatic stuff for the lightside. I hope TOR will sort of use the same implemented tactics for the game.

Though, I'd like to know what you guys think about this- If TOR had talent trees and focused on Force Powers, what do you think the three trees would be? No specific names are required, just a short descrip on what theyd do.... ((I'm basing the talent trees off of other mmos i played that have a tri-talent spec.))

As a consular I hoping for some type of defence against force lightning -lightning saber block. Protection against dark side choke- Force repel
And an anti ugly stick for sith lords. lol
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:43 am

lost-jedi wrote:
Gerard Halcyon wrote:Id like to add a bit about the whole light and dark powers from KOTOR...

As a consular I hoping for some type of defence against force lightning -lightning saber block. Protection against dark side choke- Force repel
And an anti ugly stick for sith lords. lol

It will be interesting to see if they have something for that.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum