Revan worked for the Sith Emperor!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Revan worked for the Sith Emperor!

Post  Jacan Na'al on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Check out this video interview: CLICK ME

Daniel Erickson later clarified some points:
Wow. Great thread. It's fantastic to see all the excitement around the KOTOR lore. There is much that we obviously aren’t revealing but I did want to clear up any misconceptions about what I was talking about in the interview.

• Revan and Malak went into deep space and met the Sith Emperor. They were turned and sent back to prepare the way for the return of the true Sith.
  • Being Sith and away from the Emperor’s direct influence neither Revan nor Malak followed orders exactly as they were supposed to. Then, of course, Malak betrayed Revan.
  • The Jedi took in Revan and returned him to the light, though as it was not a natural turn for him when he went dark, there was much they couldn’t undo and they decided to remove his memories and hopefully his taint with it. Yes, Revan’s return to the light (and his gender as male) are canon.
  • Later Revan returned to deep space to confront what he knew was out there but how much he actually remembered and how clearly he remembered it is still a mystery, as are the events that followed. What we do know is that it took hundreds of years for the Sith to re-emerge as originally planned.

The rest is all speculation and have fun with that. For those of you convinced that somehow we’re going to destroy KOTOR, I ask you to remember that the creative team (including the lead writer and lead designer) that was in charge of KOTOR’s story is on this staff, working on this game. Trust us that our investment in this lore is at least as strong as yours. Smile

Pretty cool stuff I reckon!
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Re: Revan worked for the Sith Emperor!

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:47 pm

I look forward to finding out what happend to Revan and some of the other characters from KOTOR I and II.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:04 am

Cool!Reven is awesome...Best jedi/sith ever
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:02 am

I really enjoyed that read, because of the explanation of the Revan/Malak appearance. It makes it come full circle in a nice way.
I'm really anxious to see how they incorporate the story of what happened to Revan into TOR. Because quest lines that lead to the story or even the LOCATION of Revan would be awesome. I'm all about the story of this game, so let's hope the team that brought us KotOR will bring us a a similarly fantastic storyline.
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:29 am

It'd be cool if we could go to Revan's tomb if he had one.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 am

I'd imagine it wouldnt be a part of any one classes storyline but rather a large side-quest chain. (Thats how I would prefer it anyhow)
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:07 am

Do Jedi have tombs? Why would you need a tomb if you just vanish when you die. Or is revan classified as Sith since he went back to find the other sith?
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:12 am

Rebel marksman wrote:Do Jedi have tombs? Why would you need a tomb if you just vanish when you die. Or is revan classified as Sith since he went back to find the other sith?

Not all Jedi become one with the Force.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:15 am

At the time of he movies QuiGon was the first to do it. Others may have done it in ages past I'm not sure but he was the first during that time.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyren Vaal on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:11 am

If not a tomb it'd be some sort of memorial/graveplace for him.
Tyren Vaal

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:51 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Revan were still alive in Outer Edges of space. I mean, the Emperor has been alive for over 1000 years, right? Well, if that's the case, then couldn't Revan still be?
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:26 am

Maybe or they might make him a ghost like the other sith lord in koror 1
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:38 am

I would say it is a long shot. I imagine the Sith Emperor has had to remain in a deep meditative state to be able to manipulate his life for so long, and as we know revan is a man of action!
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:55 am

In the star wars universe the average age of death for a normal human like Han Solo or Boba Fett is 150-170 years old so for a trained jedi and sith master of the force like Revan i see no reason why he wouldn't be able to at least maintain his life force on the planet like a ghost absent a body. One of the sith lords of korriban was able to still shoot force lighting and interact with objects thousands of years after his death in KOTOR1, only time will tell of Revan's fate.
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:07 am

Jasterk Staren wrote:In the star wars universe the average age of death for a normal human like Han Solo or Boba Fett is 150-170 years old so for a trained jedi and sith master of the force like Revan i see no reason why he wouldn't be able to at least maintain his life force on the planet like a ghost absent a body. One of the sith lords of korriban was able to still shoot force lighting and interact with objects thousands of years after his death in KOTOR1, only time will tell of Revan's fate.
Well put, sir. But it's still terrible fun to speculate. ^_^
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:48 am

Jacan Na'al wrote:I'd imagine it wouldnt be a part of any one classes storyline but rather a large side-quest chain. (Thats how I would prefer it anyhow)

Perhaps a sidequest centering on finding out what happened to him. Remember in the last game there were hints from the droid that Reven went to the outer rim.
Wouldn't it be fun to trace his journey and solve the mistery. You don't have to actually find Reven, but perhaps the threat that took him to the outer rim is what happened to be the catalyst causing the reemergence of the Sith empire, or he stalled that reemergence for many years by the action he took on the outer rim.
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:53 am

I am definitely eager to learn about all of the characters I remember from both KOTOR's.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:31 am

Arashi wrote:I am definitely eager to learn about all of the characters I remember from both KOTOR's.

Me too, KOTOR had an awsome story line. Once you beat it and ask Krea about your friends I was a little let down that we didn't learn more then. Of course that let an interenting story line for the next game. Cliff-hanger

" The future is always changing, unsure it is." Paraphrase Yoda
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:00 am

I just hope one of the Dungeon or Raid bosses is HK-47 =P or he's a boss type NPC somewhere.

He's by far one of the most unique Kotor characters

I hope he's not a companion though, it would ruin immersion for me if every second clown was running around with a HK-47
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:05 am

Kevlar wrote:I just hope one of the Dungeon or Raid bosses is HK-47 =P or he's a boss type NPC somewhere.

He's by far one of the most unique Kotor characters

I hope he's not a companion though, it would ruin immersion for me if every second clown was running around with a HK-47

Good point, I agree Kevlar.
You got me thinking on another line now. I wonder if we can have driod NPC's.
Interesting!
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:11 am

By now they should be on to HK-101s or something so they probably look different.

HK-47 was a boss enemy in SWG Trials of Obi-Wan so i see no reason why he shouldn't be in this one. When Revan went out into space he took T3M4 and HK-47 with him so i hope we get to run into them.
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:06 am

If Revan took HGK-47 to the outer rim then why is he in Kotor 2?
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:19 am

HK-47 is an assassin droid kinda like IG 88. There was more than one copy made of him.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebel Marksman on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:22 am

Did Boba Fett kill all the HK-47 like he did to IG-88. By the way who would win in a fight Hk or IG?
Rebel Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:27 am

Rebel marksman wrote:If Revan took HGK-47 to the outer rim then why is he in Kotor 2?

The R-2 unit brought the Ebon Halk back to known space. Something happened to HGK-47 because he was in a storage room and didn't have all his parts. One of the side quests is putting him back together. Maybe Revin got tired of his smart mouth and took him apart. If you played the game you will understand that last statement about HGK-47's mouth.
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum