Cosmetic Wardrobes/RP Factor

Go down

Cosmetic Wardrobes/RP Factor

Post  Zebular on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:06 am

Was browsing around looking for this topic and haven't seen it yet. Topics are hard for me to find on the official forums for some strange reason.

Have they spoke of the aesthetic nature of the avatars we will be playing? Ultima Online ground in my roleplaying sense of fashion and the want to look the role I play with just how customizable your clothing and gear could be. Then LotRO spoiled me even further with their custom "Wardrobe Tabs." This is something I have been advocating for for a while now in WoW, where everyone looks like a clone of someone else at some point in the game, leaving you to either look like another avatar, dance around looking like a clown in an outfit that doesn't match or forced to carry a number of items to be quickly dawned while interacting with others so you do not look like a strange cartoon drawing.

I'm hoping for some sort of similar outfitting system where you can wear "gear" over your main gear. Of which, the cosmetically applied gear does not apply any bonuses or take up precious inventory space and allows you to look how you want to look but yet wear the gear you need to. Runes of Magic also has a neat system where you can take your old gear and transfer the bonuses onto any other piece of gear you wish through a type of crafting, allowing you to look the part yet be sufficiently geared up.

Thoughts?
Zebular

Back to top Go down

Re: Cosmetic Wardrobes/RP Factor

Post  Arashi Storm on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:09 am

I couldn't agree with you more. I am a huge fan of customization and looking how you want to look whether your in battle or not. I never played WoW because I couldn't get past the look. My friend thought I was retarded for being that way, but its my free time and it's something I care about.

Almost forgot. They say they are aware of fans wanting customization and they will have it, but they have not gone in to detail about the system and how in depth it will be.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacan Na'al on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:12 am

Full agreement here too, I HATE the clone effect in MMO's where you can tell what level a person is based on the gear they are wearing.
Jacan Na'al

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevlar on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:28 am

I certainly hope that they will allow full customization of characters in-game, I recall seeing somewhere that you can customize the way your character appears in-game via Mass Effect/Oblivion style sliders for all the features and such.

But I'm hoping that you can alter the visual appearance of armor/clothing or to a extra extent weaponry.

What would be more awesome then an OUF presented with uniformity of awesomeness? =P

Last edited by Kevlar on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Kevlar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bahn Durm on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:41 am

I can has OUF patch?
Sw33tz!!
Bahn Durm

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinlan Sa'athis on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:23 am

Aesthetics is every important to me. If I do not like the way the character looks I cannot emotionally engage with it, and if I do not engage I don't care which leads to a failed unplayable character.
Quinlan Sa'athis

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlen Darko on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:35 pm

I completely agree with all of this.
Carlen Darko

Back to top Go down

Post  Jasterk Staren on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:40 am

I hope they have a wide variety of cloths and armor like SWG and especially hope they have a Bazaar were you can buy and trade everything from ships to weapons.
Jasterk Staren

Back to top Go down

Post  Jalen Lojed on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:04 am

I agree. What I hope I never see again is what happened on SWG. People running around with angle wings, in dipers, Jedi dressed as dancers, etc..
I don't think everyone needs to be serious all the time but come on! Play the game or go play Sim world, or what ever it's called.
The diper guy really creeped me out. eeeeeeh
Jalen Lojed

Back to top Go down

Post  Arashi Storm on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:22 am

People can definitely ruin immersion.
Arashi Storm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down